Home

NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

This is a discussion on NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #297
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 2014 FOUR Team Playoff Guide, Plus more Modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucki6
Well it took me about a half hour to get this set up. Did bowl bids and changed them because of my relegation. Turns out it's now a corrupt file. I give up I don't know how to do this. I'm still in the preseason when I did it does that have anything to do with it.
Ive done bowl bid changes in week 1 and in week 15 without issue but have never attempted the preseason. Try to change just one bowl and get it back into the game and working to make sure you have your editing (save and putting back to the console) process working and if that works start doing more bowls.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #298
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Updated the XML file on the first page.

Generic Editor Config Files:
Right Click and "Save As" HERE to get a config file that eliminates players and many more table decreasing load time by a lot and leaving just the info need to edit Bowls, Teams, Recruits, AI and setup the playoffs. This also fixes the 2 Key error many have had.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #299
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

I dunno if this will work, but two of my top players in my dynasty went down with season ending injuries early. I'm gonna try to go into the editor later, maybe at the end of the season and change their year from SR back to JR so they can get "medical redshirts."
Old 01-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #300
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
I dunno if this will work, but two of my top players in my dynasty went down with season ending injuries early. I'm gonna try to go into the editor later, maybe at the end of the season and change their year from SR back to JR so they can get "medical redshirts."
Make sure to do it at the end of bowl season phase or before to make sure they are not removed from the game in the players leaving phase.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #301
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketScout
Make sure to do it at the end of bowl season phase or before to make sure they are not removed from the game in the players leaving phase.
That was the plan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #302
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any way to edit the start time of games?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:14 PM   #303
Rookie

Yengator's Arena

OVR: 0

Pocketscout,

Thanks for your work on this, and I've been following your video dynasty also.

I have found a way to successfully save the stats from the semi-finals, where at years end, the records and stats (including the semifinals) are properly saved. I've done it 4 times now in my own offline dynasty using this method...

1. Set up semifinal matchups in lower bowls, as directed. In order to make "room" for the championship game participants, two teams lose their bowl bids. Here's a theoretical example with the computer determining these matchups...

Rose Bowl: #8 Oregon vs #4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl: #3 Florida vs #5 Oklahoma
Natl Championship: #1 USC vs #2 Clemson
Chick-Fil-A Bowl (I modded this to be Sun Belt #4 vs MAC #5 to create a bowl with two teams to be eliminated): Akron vs Troy

2. As described above, Troy and Akron will eventually lose their bowl bids. Using the same established procedures to mod the matchups, set up the following:

Rose Bowl (semifinal): #1 USC vs #4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl (semifinal): #2 Clemson vs #3 Florida
Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Oklahoma vs Oregon
Natl Championship: Akron vs Troy (bare with me here)

3. Play or super sim (from my experience, simming in the menu with a modified matchup doesn't work) each of the new games, except the Natl Championship. Save dynasty file and go back into Editor.

Let's say #3 Florida and #1 USC win.

4. In the Rose Bowl, swap USC with Akron. In the Sugar Bowl, swap Florida with Troy. Now put USC and Florida in the Natl Championship instead of Akron and Troy. Leave everything else alone.

5. Play the NC game and sim into the End of Season (before simming to Coaching Carousel). Save file and open in Editor.

6. Replace Akron and Troy with USC and Florida in the Rose and Sugar bowls, respectively. When you open the file in the game, all records, individual and team stats are accurate, to the best of my knowledge.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #304
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yengator
Pocketscout,

Thanks for your work on this, and I've been following your video dynasty also.

I have found a way to successfully save the stats from the semi-finals, where at years end, the records and stats (including the semifinals) are properly saved. I've done it 4 times now in my own offline dynasty using this method...

1. Set up semifinal matchups in lower bowls, as directed. In order to make "room" for the championship game participants, two teams lose their bowl bids. Here's a theoretical example with the computer determining these matchups...

Rose Bowl: #8 Oregon vs #4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl: #3 Florida vs #5 Oklahoma
Natl Championship: #1 USC vs #2 Clemson
Chick-Fil-A Bowl (I modded this to be Sun Belt #4 vs MAC #5 to create a bowl with two teams to be eliminated): Akron vs Troy

2. As described above, Troy and Akron will eventually lose their bowl bids. Using the same established procedures to mod the matchups, set up the following:

Rose Bowl (semifinal): #1 USC vs #4 Ohio State
Sugar Bowl (semifinal): #2 Clemson vs #3 Florida
Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Oklahoma vs Oregon
Natl Championship: Akron vs Troy (bare with me here)

3. Play or super sim (from my experience, simming in the menu with a modified matchup doesn't work) each of the new games, except the Natl Championship. Save dynasty file and go back into Editor.

Let's say #3 Florida and #1 USC win.

4. In the Rose Bowl, swap USC with Akron. In the Sugar Bowl, swap Florida with Troy. Now put USC and Florida in the Natl Championship instead of Akron and Troy. Leave everything else alone.

5. Play the NC game and sim into the End of Season (before simming to Coaching Carousel). Save file and open in Editor.

6. Replace Akron and Troy with USC and Florida in the Rose and Sugar bowls, respectively. When you open the file in the game, all records, individual and team stats are accurate, to the best of my knowledge.
Have you gotten this to work when a human team is involved with the playoffs? That was the snag we were hitting before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »