Home

40 Times for recruits not translating:

This is a discussion on 40 Times for recruits not translating: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
40 Times for recruits not translating:

*This is for online recruiting*

So i am in the 2018 season of my online dynasty with a bunch of friends. I have the chart on my computer which references what 40 time for an unscounted player translates to in a rating #. I.e. a guy with a 4.38 will grade out to a 92 speed rating. Therefore i have a great idea of who will grade out where when scouted.

So I typically go through and sort based on SQT, Bench, Speed before I add to my board. This season, in week 3 I was having trouble finding decent players to add to my board to scout and recruit so I sorted WR's (ONLINE by speed. When doing this online, there are always players listed out of order (I.e) a player running a 4.48 is listed above a player running a 4.36.

Anyway, I always chalked this up as a screw up in sorting by EA and never recruited those guys who had bad 40 times and were out of order. This time, since I couldn't fill my board all the way and this kid running a 4.5 had me listed first overall, I added him wondering if I could add him as a TE or something.
Scouted him and BOOM... the guy is a 95 speed which is the equivalent to running a 4.32. Can't catch for sh1t but thought it worth reporting...

Anyone else ever have this happen? Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 40 Times for recruits not translating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchccc
*This is for online recruiting*

So i am in the 2018 season of my online dynasty with a bunch of friends. I have the chart on my computer which references what 40 time for an unscounted player translates to in a rating #. I.e. a guy with a 4.38 will grade out to a 92 speed rating. Therefore i have a great idea of who will grade out where when scouted.

So I typically go through and sort based on SQT, Bench, Speed before I add to my board. This season, in week 3 I was having trouble finding decent players to add to my board to scout and recruit so I sorted WR's (ONLINE by speed. When doing this online, there are always players listed out of order (I.e) a player running a 4.48 is listed above a player running a 4.36.

Anyway, I always chalked this up as a screw up in sorting by EA and never recruited those guys who had bad 40 times and were out of order. This time, since I couldn't fill my board all the way and this kid running a 4.5 had me listed first overall, I added him wondering if I could add him as a TE or something.
Scouted him and BOOM... the guy is a 95 speed which is the equivalent to running a 4.32. Can't catch for sh1t but thought it worth reporting...

Anyone else ever have this happen? Thoughts?
Seems like it could just be a classic case of "Fast guy, bad at the 40" to me.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

I've noticed this too. I've wondered if the website somehow uses his actual speed (after he's scouted) to put them into order hence putting a slower 40 time guy who is going to go up when scouted above a faster 40 time guy who might stay the same or drop. I haven't done any real testing to prove it but I am curious as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgcmarshall
I've noticed this too. I've wondered if the website somehow uses his actual speed (after he's scouted) to put them into order hence putting a slower 40 time guy who is going to go up when scouted above a faster 40 time guy who might stay the same or drop. I haven't done any real testing to prove it but I am curious as well.
This is what happens. In both offline and online dynasties.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just did it with 4 other guys that were out of order... on all four (4) their speed went way up after scouting and then if I went back to the "search and add" tab, and looked at WR's, their listed 40 time had changed to reflect the 94 rating (for example) that they scouted out to.

can't believe it took me this long to figure this out..

I have NOT seen similar results/issues with strength or Squat #'s but am annoyed that I can't sort by Bench Press #'s online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchccc
I just did it with 4 other guys that were out of order... on all four (4) their speed went way up after scouting and then if I went back to the "search and add" tab, and looked at WR's, their listed 40 time had changed to reflect the 94 rating (for example) that they scouted out to.

can't believe it took me this long to figure this out..

I have NOT seen similar results/issues with strength or Squat #'s but am annoyed that I can't sort by Bench Press #'s online.
Strength and squat work the exact same way as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I doubt it.... but do you think acceleration might factor into 40 times in the game? They def. do in real life, but what about the game?
Old 12-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Rookie

jarato's Arena

Nice find. I do all my OD recruiting online and always just chalked up the sorting out of order as an issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »