Home

DT/DE User Controlled Help

This is a discussion on DT/DE User Controlled Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
DT/DE User Controlled Help

It seems like every iteration of NCAA Football, assuming I'm not simming (like usual), if I'm on defense, I generally take a DT or DE. I am not comfortable "in space" on the other positions, but feel more at home close to the line of scrimmage.

That said, I find that it's very hit or miss for me. While I have a few sacks (and I do get that I can expect to be blocked a lot of the time), I don't know that I'm getting the most out of it. I especially struggle getting off blocks, and get blown up on the run game.

I'd love to hear from those that play these positions. Any advice/suggestions on how to play better? For example, when do you take control -- at the snap, or upon contact? How often do you sprint? Effective power/pass rush moves?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: DT/DE User Controlled Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonagFam
It seems like every iteration of NCAA Football, assuming I'm not simming (like usual), if I'm on defense, I generally take a DT or DE. I am not comfortable "in space" on the other positions, but feel more at home close to the line of scrimmage.

That said, I find that it's very hit or miss for me. While I have a few sacks (and I do get that I can expect to be blocked a lot of the time), I don't know that I'm getting the most out of it. I especially struggle getting off blocks, and get blown up on the run game.

I'd love to hear from those that play these positions. Any advice/suggestions on how to play better? For example, when do you take control -- at the snap, or upon contact? How often do you sprint? Effective power/pass rush moves?

Thanks!
I just hold the sprint button at the snap and right when contact is made or right before it happens I push down on the right analog. This will result in my player either bulldozing the linemen or spinning off the block.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4

Try using power moves (right stick to the right) and finesse moves (right stick to the left) to break free. It depends on who you're controlling, i.e. don't try power moves with a DE, because they aren't as strong but excel in speed.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

For example, when do you take control -- at the snap, or upon contact?
I always controlthe right end. I take control before the snap.

How often do you sprint?
I don't sprint until the left tackle is set (he will take a few steps back awaiting the DE to make contact). Once he is set I then cut hard inside the hole between the LT and LG who has picked up the right DT. Once I cut I hit the sprint button where I have a clean run at the QB which results in a sack, the QB rolling out to the flat where I have help, or forcing a throw into coverage/bad throw.

Effective power/pass rush moves?
I don't use them at all unless I have a player with really high power move rating and strength (the key to pass rush in my opinion). The rare times I use the right stick (360 user) is to press down triggering the bull rush but it must be down without pressing the sprint button.

A few observations I have made...
-Pressing the sprint button at the snap triggers something in the CPU to get rid of the ball.
-Pressing the sprint button when you have a free run on read plays results in your guy running past the QB or right through the QB.
-Once engaged with an O-lineman it is best to stop sprinting, press right or left (which ever direction the QB is) to get off the block. This also triggers non user controlled players to get off blocks as well.
-When controlling a blitzing LB it is best to not use the sprint button until you are through the hole with a free run at the QB.

I have used this method on AA and Heisman default settings for every thing, normal game speed, and speed threshold set at zero. On AA I can get 4-7 sacks a game and consistent pressure with a good D-line (all players in the 80'sovr). On Heisman I can get 3-5 sacks a game while getting pressure about 60% of all pass plays. I have been using this method since NCAA 09 with the same results year in and out.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNextPhenom25
Try using power moves (right stick to the right) and finesse moves (right stick to the left) to break free. It depends on who you're controlling, i.e. don't try power moves with a DE, because they aren't as strong but excel in speed.
Left and right are both finesse moves. Down is the power move.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for the suggestions. Are all examples based on looking at it from behind the offense (as opposed to being a locked player)?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonagFam
Thanks for the suggestions. Are all examples based on looking at it from behind the offense (as opposed to being a locked player)?
I play with the original camara view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »