Home

FSU's Defensive Scheme

This is a discussion on FSU's Defensive Scheme within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
FSU's Defensive Scheme

What does FSU's defenive coordinator Jemerey Pruitt like to do on D? How often does he like to blitz/what coverages does he like to run?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FSU's Defensive Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftroy7
What does FSU's defenive coordinator Jemerey Pruitt like to do on D? How often does he like to blitz/what coverages does he like to run?
They run a 3-4 most of the time with a lot of moving parts.

Jernigan plays NT, Edwards plays DT, Casher is the the End. Christian Jones does most of the hybrid rover work. I can't think of the name of the enormous linebacker they have that switches up between linebacker and end, but they have that guy too. They like to show a bunch of different fronts.

Pruitt loves sending safety blitzes off of 4 man fronts and dropping his linebackers into coverage. They're athletic enough to do that

Try looking at roll blitzes if you're trying to emulate it. And of course zone blitzing.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
Rookie

I would actually say they use 425 more than anything with Christian jones as a rush end with Mario Edwards as the other end. Their dts penetrate too much to be considered a 3-4 like Bama. They use lamarcus Joyner as a joker/cover the slot and blitz him constantly.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretethunder
I would actually say they use 425 more than anything with Christian jones as a rush end with Mario Edwards as the other end. Their dts penetrate too much to be considered a 3-4 like Bama. They use lamarcus Joyner as a joker/cover the slot and blitz him constantly.
Yeah that's the thing about them. There's so many different looks that they give you.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Pruitt's base defense is a 3-4, but they've been using their nickel defense mostly this year since they haven't really faced that many pro-style teams.

Their nickel defense has Jones, Goldman, Jernigan and Edwards on the defensive line with Jones as a DE/LB. The two Smiths (Telvin and Terrance) are the MLBs. I think they rarely use Christian Jones as an inside linebacker anymore since he's so good off the edge (and because he struggled early on in the new scheme).

If you're doing a dynasty with FSU (like I am), you can use the formation subs option to move the players around. I still have Jones as an OLB but I put him at the RE position in the nickel defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Unfortunately you're never going to get something that truly looks like a real defense in this game other than the initial alignments due to NCAA handling assignments, leverages and coverages extremely poorly.

Another issue is that if you watch most CFB teams, they do a lot more with their safeties, especially the SS which unless you are running one of the 425 or 335 defenses this game hates to put close to the line like so many college coordinators do.

That said, under Stoops FSU ran a 4-3. Havent watched them a ton, but sounds like Pruitt runs a 3-4 with a lot of 3-4 predator (one of the OLBs basically acts like another DE)
Old 12-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
Rookie

There's so many different looks that they give you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »