Home

I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

This is a discussion on I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

I'm terrible. Just absolutely terrible with this. I get an idea that I want to do for a dynasty and start it up. I enjoy it for a couple of days...but then I see a better idea someone had or just get bored with my current dynasty. In the past I have had the dynasty where I end up changing coaching jobs what seems like very single offseason. But then I have also had the ones where I try to stick to just one team. It never fails. I get bored with it and feel like I could have picked a better route.

Currently I started a dynasty where I took over in year 2 (tried simming year 1 to be fairly close to what happened in football this year) as the OC for Kentucky. In year 2 I am dominating the SEC with Jalen Whitlow and I'll likely be in line to get a good HC job. This is what I wanted to happen...

But then I come on here and see somebody's signature where they are tracking where they have coached in their dynasty. Starting as an OC for a small program, then a big program, then a HC for a small program, then a big program. All for a couple of years. And I realize that seems way more fun than what I am currently doing. Now I'm wanting to quit my Kentucky dynasty and start doing something like that...

But then at the same time I know I'll end up getting bored and probably school hopping every year and not form any sort of longevity with any team.

Anyone else suffer from this problem? Anyone have any potential solutions? I think I need medication
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

Oh I'm sure you're not the only one. For me the key is recruiting and getting through that first season. Once players are on my team that I brought over I just can't abandon them. Sometimes it's a grind, but worth it in the end.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I think the majority has this. It's just with so many teams, so many different cool scenarios are possible and just not enough time for all of them.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

OVR: 0

I've def had my fair share of this. My helpful advice, pick somebody you know, maybe just a close friend that you know loves football, and play an online dynasty with them. That's what I'm doing. I'm playing in a 2-man online dynasty. We both started at small programs (I took Bowling Green and he went with MTSU). Despite a Heisman difficulty (and most difficult OS sliders I could find), and a head-to-head match-up in which I won by only 4, the BGSU Falcons were able to go undefeated and win the 2013 national championship (undefeated #2 Ohio State lost the B1G championship--ironic right?). MTSU went 10-3. Oregon went 7-6 and fired their coach. I got the job offer and jumped on it. Now we're in year 3. My bud left MTSU after 2 years and has replaced James Franklin at Vandy. I'm still at Oregon. We get to talk about our dynasties and they coincide with one another. That keeps me honest and keeps me from hitting the reset button every 2 seasons (like I used to do).
Old 12-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

OVR: 0

**Just a side note, Oregon, in my 1st year with the program, went 10-3 with a bowl win and Mariota winning the Heisman. MTSU managed 12-2 with a C-USA title. (Then jumped ship to Vandy).

2015 to date:
Oregon 1-0
Vandy 1-1

Just love it guys! (Using slider set on the slider board that "limits" the read option on Heisman).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBassMan10
I've def had my fair share of this. My helpful advice, pick somebody you know, maybe just a close friend that you know loves football, and play an online dynasty with them. That's what I'm doing. I'm playing in a 2-man online dynasty. We both started at small programs (I took Bowling Green and he went with MTSU). Despite a Heisman difficulty (and most difficult OS sliders I could find), and a head-to-head match-up in which I won by only 4, the BGSU Falcons were able to go undefeated and win the 2013 national championship (undefeated #2 Ohio State lost the B1G championship--ironic right?). MTSU went 10-3. Oregon went 7-6 and fired their coach. I got the job offer and jumped on it. Now we're in year 3. My bud left MTSU after 2 years and has replaced James Franklin at Vandy. I'm still at Oregon. We get to talk about our dynasties and they coincide with one another. That keeps me honest and keeps me from hitting the reset button every 2 seasons (like I used to do).
Yea I am about to do the same. He's new to the game though so were going to be using the community sliders (all-American difficulty). He is starting as Michigan State though and I'm thinking I'm going to be BYU and eventually move to the PAC-12. I am slightly afraid of that one becoming stale though since I feel I will have immediate success with BYU.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Well for me I just keep a bunch of dynasties running so when I get bored I can mix it up. Also if your stuck on a boring game you can sim until you get to a more interesting game.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I was suffering from RDS then I saw a cool commercial with a man and women in a bath tub looking at a sunset pushing a drug to cure RDS but with some wicked side effects...

I know what you mean by getting board. I recently found my self with some time away from teaching and coaching so I have had some time to play NCAA 14 again. I decided to start a new dynasty, as my old one got deleted by my 5 year old daughter who finds it so funny to delete my games.

Needing a fresh idea from making a coach then tracking his career alone; I thought long and hard before deciding to do a Madden 13 style storyline players theme in my dynasty. I loved the feature in Madden where I could follow certain storyline players throughout the season leading up to the draft, so I decided to recreate these players in NCAA 14. So I started a sim only franchise of Madden 13 so I could get the 1st year ratings of the storyline players.

At the start of each NCAA season I created the players from the last Madden draft class. I only recreated the storyline players and a few players that I had played with during my time with Madden 13. I would create them with their 1st year Madden ratings and the hometown as the town in which their Madden college was located. Then I would follow those players through the recruiting process to see where they signed. I created a spread sheet to help me track them. Since they were rated far better then most recruits I stayed away from recruiting them for my team.

Each season I would create the next group of storyline players as they appeared in my Madden franchise giving me more players to follow. I would check their depth chart position before week 1's games were played and then stats at seasons end. I also noted their draft position, round only, in Madden and compared it with the one listed in NCAA. It has given me something to do beyond the regular dynasty mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »