Home

Is ultimate team the experience I'm looking for

This is a discussion on Is ultimate team the experience I'm looking for within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Is ultimate team the experience I'm looking for

My ideal game mode for any sports game is basically a cross between online quick match and dynasty. I don't have the time to be committed to an online dynasty but also find quick matches rather stale and repetitive after playing so many. Ultimate team seems to be the mode I'm looking for. I have been looking into ultimate team, however i'm still unclear on a couple of things.

How are player likenesses (does RGIII look and play like RGIII)?
Do players get hurt and remain out for multiple games?
Do player ratings change based on certain schemes you run?
Do players have chemistry with each other?

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Also does anyone prefer this mode to online dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Is ultimate team the experience I'm looking for

Player likenesses vary in quality but in general are poor representations of the actual player. Also there are different versions of the same player so a gold Vick will be much better than a bronze one.

Yes they can although there are expendable recovery cards that can bring them back right away.

No.

No.

It sounds like you may like Madden UT though, since I'm fairly sure it has chemistry and better likenesses.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
My ideal game mode for any sports game is basically a cross between online quick match and dynasty. I don't have the time to be committed to an online dynasty but also find quick matches rather stale and repetitive after playing so many. Ultimate team seems to be the mode I'm looking for. I have been looking into ultimate team, however i'm still unclear on a couple of things.

How are player likenesses (does RGIII look and play like RGIII)?
Do players get hurt and remain out for multiple games?
Do player ratings change based on certain schemes you run?
Do players have chemistry with each other?

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it. Also does anyone prefer this mode to online dynasty?
Answers:
Yes, to some degree. As the guy above stated a lot of the popular players will have multiple cards that are of different tiers and will perform better but generally lets say you have Michael Vick at QB, the silver one will be slower than the Heisman Winner one but it will still definitely be leagues faster than the other Silver QBs.

Yes, they do get hurt and can miss a couple of games but it's easy to buy injury recoveries that pretty much brings your player back to the lineup.

Not really, although I feel like the more I stick to a scheme the better my players get at it, but that's probably just me imagining things.

Nope. Some players give overall attribute boosts to the whole defense and offense but there's no real chemistry.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

thanks for the responses. I've really been thinking about purchasing 14 but it seems this mode isn't worth shelling over the $50. Once the price goes down i'll give it a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »