Home

Academically ineligible / conduct detrimental to team

This is a discussion on Academically ineligible / conduct detrimental to team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0
Academically ineligible / conduct detrimental to team

I was wondering how to a add an element of random players who leave programs due to be academic issues or conduct detrimental to the team and wound up going to my old strat-o-matic roots ( if you don't know what strat is I'm betting you are under 30).

Anyway, simple thing. At the end of the year, I have my printed roster and then roll two dice on each player who is not a senior. If it comes up as a 12 - he is off the team.

I'm sure with some tweaking etc, this could be real interesting - might even come up with a secondary chart to explain specific reason.

Also thinking of making freshman more susceptible in terms of getting booted off and seniors almost immune.

I think this might have potential for offline dynasty users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Academically ineligible / conduct detrimental to team

A few years ago one of the versions of NCAA football implemented what you are talking about. Players could become ineligible for a variety of reasons.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Suspensions

Step 1

Infraction or None?
1 = Infraction
2 = None
3 = None
4 = Infraction
5 = None

Step 2

Team Rules, Academics, or NCAA Rules?
1 = Team Rules
2 = Academics
3 = NCAA Rules

Academic suspension rolls are only valid before Week 1 and Bowl Week (simulating summer semester and end of fall semester). If #2 is rolled any other week, they are considered “None”.

Players with 80+ AWR are exempt from Team Rule violations and players with 90+ AWR are also exempt from Academic violations.

Step 3

Team Rules
1 = 1 Game
2 = 2 Games
3 = 3 Games
4 = 1st Quarter
5 = 5 Games

Academics
If Week 1 = Regular Season + Conf Championship
If Bowl Week = Bowl Game

NCAA Rules
1 = 1 Game
2 = 2 Games
3 = 3 Games
4 = 5 Games
5 = 1 Game
6 = 2 Games
7 = Season

Step 4

Enter -5 to 105 in random number generator to figure out which player is in violation. If unused number turns up, keep rolling until used number is rolled. Even if the player is injured or redshirting, they will be suspended. -5 and 105 are used so jersey numbers 1 and 99 are not the extreme ends of the number roll.

Step 5 (Academics Only)
A player must be cleared to return from an academics suspension. He will have as many tries as there are semesters left before the next football season starts. i.e. if he’s suspended for the bowl game, he would have spring and summer semester to become eligible once again. If the player fails to return, he is to be cut in the off-season (if he’s suspended for the regular season, he would have 3 chances to return).

Player Returns?
1 = Yes
2 = No

Injuries – Rolled after every game, only for OL/DL

Step 1

Injury or None?
1 = None
2 = Injury
3 = None

Step 2

Injury Length
1 = 1 Week
2 = 2-3 Weeks
3 = 4-5 Weeks
4 = 6+ Weeks (Max of Season Ending)
5 = 1 Week
6 = 2-3 Week
7 = 4-5 Week
8 = Season Ending
9 = 1 Week

Step 3

Enter -5 to 105 in random number generator to figure out which player is in violation. If unused number turns up, keep rolling until used number is rolled. If the player is redshirted, he cannot be injured. If the player is already injured, it will add-on to his existing injury. -5 and 105 are used so jersey numbers 1 and 99 are not the extreme ends of the number roll.

Step 4

Player Returns?
1 = Yes
2 = No

i.e. #3 is rolled

The player will be injured a minimum of three games. Then a roll will determine if he returns or not before the fourth or fifth game. After he is injured five games, he is set to return without needing a roll to clear him.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
Rookie

In my FSU dynasty, I tend to keep things as realistic as possible in terms of academic ineligibility/players transferring. For instance, I'm not playing Mario Pender this season in my dynasty since he is academically ineligible in real life. And I'm planning on "cutting" Jacob Coker at the end of the season to simulate him transferring (if he doesn't do so) since he is likely going to transfer in real life. I'm thinking about doing this for every season: "cutting" an older player (senior/junior) if they are passed up on the depth chart to simulate them transferring to another school. I'll then create them on another team (so that they aren't deleted permanently).
Old 12-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
Just started!

yes.He will have as many tries as there are semesters left before the next football season starts. i.e. if he’s suspended for the bowl game, he would have spring and summer semester to become eligible once again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

When I'm doing my 'breakout players' and 'slump players' I typically let it randomly cycle through teams (close my eyes and let it go for a few seconds then let go) and then do the same with positions to decide who gets them and who they are. I suppose you could do something similar if you didn't want to break out the dice and printed rosters.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I remember how this was in the game back in 06. If I remember correctly, you had the option to sit the player out or keep him on the roster. Is that right? Also, what were the plus/minuses for each action? I can't remember.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:54 AM   #8
Just started!

Players could become ineligible for a variety of reasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »