Home

Is this cheating?

This is a discussion on Is this cheating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

OVR: 0
Is this cheating?

Would changing a Pocket Passer QB to a Balanced QB but staying with the same OVR be considered cheap? I run an Auburn style offense, lots of read options, and my best QB is a Pocket Passer this year. I feel much better with a Balanced guy. My job security as an OC is "LOW" so I don't have time to screw around. Spring Practice can do wonders, ya know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Is this cheating?

Are you in single player? If so it's really up to you. It is a little cheap but there are a thousand ways you could rationalize it to yourself. Maybe he had a good spring. Maybe he was misrated by the scouts.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Are you in single player? If so it's really up to you. It is a little cheap but there are a thousand ways you could rationalize it to yourself. Maybe he had a good spring. Maybe he was misrated by the scouts.
Yea its offline. My thing is this. Hes a 96 OVR and he was a backup last year, last years started graduated. Now, I wouldn't make him anything over a 96. Im just saying, maybe in the spring he coulda been trained and practiced in the offense and became more balanced. I know throughout the season players can change depending on how you use them, but like I said, I don't have time for that. BUT I don't want to be cheap either.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't care how good your spring practice was. Players at age 20+ don't all of a sudden drop .30-.40 off their 40 time. It just doesn't happen. The normal progression in the offseason training; from say, 64 speed to 66 speed is more realistic. No way would a guy go from 64 speed to 78 speed or something.

You're going to have to mix in more Wildcat or something if you don't have an athletic QB; or start someone less experienced.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
I don't care how good your spring practice was. Players at age 20+ don't all of a sudden drop .30-.40 off their 40 time. It just doesn't happen. The normal progression in the offseason training; from say, 64 speed to 66 speed is more realistic. No way would a guy go from 64 speed to 78 speed or something.

You're going to have to mix in more Wildcat or something if you don't have an athletic QB; or start someone less experienced.
I think you are missing the point or I am. He said he wouldn't touch the players ratings just edit where it says what type of QB he is. I dont see it a problem, sometimes a new coach comes in and a player has to change his play style. Bridgewater coming out of high school was a top dual threat QB and now hes a pocket passer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #6

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I think you are missing the point or I am. He said he wouldn't touch the players ratings just edit where it says what type of QB he is. I dont see it a problem, sometimes a new coach comes in and a player has to change his play style. Bridgewater coming out of high school was a top dual threat QB and now hes a pocket passer.
I'm pretty sure the OP is changing the players attributes to where he's still a 96, but he is faster, with a lesser arm to compensate.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

dso122783's Arena

I would do this: Drop Throw Accuracy and Power and raise speed and acceleration. Just enough to make him "Balanced" and not "Pocket Passer" He is currently a 96 OVR Pocket Passer. He would be no higher than a 96 OVR Balanced. I may even make him 90-92 Balanced to offset the fact that if a guy did switch from PP to Balanced his overall probably would drop. Is that right?
Old 12-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dso122783
I would do this: Drop Throw Accuracy and Power and raise speed and acceleration. Just enough to make him "Balanced" and not "Pocket Passer" He is currently a 96 OVR Pocket Passer. He would be no higher than a 96 OVR Balanced. I may even make him 90-92 Balanced to offset the fact that if a guy did switch from PP to Balanced his overall probably would drop. Is that right?

To answer you're original question; yes this is cheating. You are trying to justify changing a player into a different type of player just by keeping his OVR similar. Your inner conscious knows this is cheating; which is why you are trying to think of ways to justify it.

Last edited by AbsoluteFury; 12-29-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »