Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #353
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Just played my first game with fatigue off and coaches trees set to zero. I use the community sliders otherwise. It's amazing how much tougher the game was against an opponent that I typically blow out. I loved it.

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM   #354
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I’ve started using this in my new Texas State dynasty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Rule 1: May only recruit players who have you in their list of top schools based on the following:

1 Star: (Home State: Top 3) (Pipeline: Top 3) (Any: 1st)

2 Star: (Home State: Top 5) (Pipeline: Top 3) (Any: 1st)

3 Star: (Home State: Top 10) (Pipeline: Top 5) (Any: Top 3)

4 Star: (Home State: Any) (Pipeline: Top 10) (Any: Top 5)

5 Star: (Home State: Any) (Pipeline: Any) (Any: Top 10)

6 Star: Any player you want to pursue

Plus one other thing I do. I’ve assigned a numerical value to letter grades for ratings:

D = 1
C = 2
B = 3
A = 4

For position specific ratings, prospects avg grade should be 2.0 or better i.e. a “C”.

So take a WR that has like 6 receiving attributes, I think. Those attributes have to average out to 2.0 to be worthy. For example, he can have 3 D grades but he’ll need 3 B grades to make the grade and get added to my recruiting board.

Of course I make exceptions when I need a kid. That exception would be has has to have more C grades than D grades for example.

A combination of these 2 rules resulted in only being able to target 11 guys for my year 1 recruiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 AM   #355
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Just played my first game with fatigue off and coaches trees set to zero. I use the community sliders otherwise. It's amazing how much tougher the game was against an opponent that I typically blow out. I loved it.

I saw this somewhere else by Young22, he said to play the first half w/ fatigue on, turn it off at halftime, play one play and turn it back on and the CPU plays like they did at the beginning of the game. I did this twice in 4 games as I forgot the other two, and am 0-2 in the games I did it. The CPU stays aggressive the whole game...I was actually blown out by # 3 Auburn and lost 37-38 to 4-0 Louisville after the K missed an extra point that was super simmed. So far so good, try it out yourself, but the CPU plays a lot better in my opinion and there's no 2nd half lull.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2018, 02:01 PM   #356
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKEjcl41
I saw this somewhere else by Young22, he said to play the first half w/ fatigue on, turn it off at halftime, play one play and turn it back on and the CPU plays like they did at the beginning of the game. I did this twice in 4 games as I forgot the other two, and am 0-2 in the games I did it. The CPU stays aggressive the whole game...I was actually blown out by # 3 Auburn and lost 37-38 to 4-0 Louisville after the K missed an extra point that was super simmed. So far so good, try it out yourself, but the CPU plays a lot better in my opinion and there's no 2nd half lull.
I may give it a shot. I barely survived Fresno State with a 52-45 win. I was up 52-31 with 3:00 left and they made a run at me late. I played another game this way, they were aggressive all game but they were also trailing.

I played the 2021 BCS title game with fatigue off, I was 5 points or so better than UCF. I jumped out to a 28-3 lead at the half but won 34-21, so it was pretty competitive.

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #357
MVP

young22's Arena

Played 3 games doing the fatigue reset and I really think I'm on to something good. I think it's actually better than no fatigue. I just had a game where the first half, I was down 7-0 to a much better team, then they pulled away and ended up winning 34-7.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by young22; 07-13-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:10 PM   #358
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Coaching trees empty is a big key to actually having penalties. For the first time in a while I’ve had holding called on my team. Even an intentional grounding...on a type of throw away I’ve done many times before.

False starts are back too

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-06-2018, 05:50 PM   #359
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

So I know there are users on here who add 10-15 pounds for incoming freshmen to simulate weight gain of a new program, and plenty of guys here do some form of random progression for players so it isn't just +5 across the board.

I have found some systems of progression to be a bit too convoluted to implement, but I noticed something. The weight gain by guys from year to year is not nearly as flat. I had one RB gain 8 pounds, one gained 2. A WR gained 1, another gained 5. I even had linemen LOSE weight, and some gain 5-10. I have an offensive lineman that is almost 350 pounds now!

I'm thinking of starting random progression, but maybe using the weight gain to an extent based on position.

A 320 pound lineman who puts on 10 pounds...that's not what colleges want. No one wants 350 pound dudes, they're too slow. Similarly, a sub 200 lb RB who isn't putting on any weight is a problem too.

I'm thinking lineman who "bulk" too much may have their progression lowered. Maybe lower stamina, slower, and lower PBK an RBK a bit. RB's who gain 5+ pounds may get a boost in stiff arm or trucking, whereas a small back who gains 1-3 lbs may get a speed or agility boost. There is no specific overall progress they receive, but could progress/regress pretty well given wherever their boost/penalty is.

Any input on this idea I would appreciate.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-06-2018, 06:17 PM   #360
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
So I know there are users on here who add 10-15 pounds for incoming freshmen to simulate weight gain of a new program, and plenty of guys here do some form of random progression for players so it isn't just +5 across the board.

I have found some systems of progression to be a bit too convoluted to implement, but I noticed something. The weight gain by guys from year to year is not nearly as flat. I had one RB gain 8 pounds, one gained 2. A WR gained 1, another gained 5. I even had linemen LOSE weight, and some gain 5-10. I have an offensive lineman that is almost 350 pounds now!

I'm thinking of starting random progression, but maybe using the weight gain to an extent based on position.

A 320 pound lineman who puts on 10 pounds...that's not what colleges want. No one wants 350 pound dudes, they're too slow. Similarly, a sub 200 lb RB who isn't putting on any weight is a problem too.

I'm thinking lineman who "bulk" too much may have their progression lowered. Maybe lower stamina, slower, and lower PBK an RBK a bit. RB's who gain 5+ pounds may get a boost in stiff arm or trucking, whereas a small back who gains 1-3 lbs may get a speed or agility boost. There is no specific overall progress they receive, but could progress/regress pretty well given wherever their boost/penalty is.

Any input on this idea I would appreciate.
To address your system with weight impacting ratings, I like it. But you can just roll that straight into the manual random progression system that Hellisan posted about. If you add weight to a lineman, I would drop acceleration a bit and increase strength as well.

I am firmly on board with Hellian's random progression and I do it all in the game without the editor. It takes me maybe 40 minutes. What I changed, though, from how he does it is I don't roll back to their previous season ratings. I've baked in the improvement the game makes, so I basically subtract 5 from Hellisan's improvement ranges.

This is Hellisan's scale:

40-45 -5 4
46-50 -4 4
51-55 -4 5
56-60 -3 5
61-65 -3 6
66-70 -3 6
71-75 -2 7
76-80 -2 7
81-85 -1 9
86-90 0 10
91-95 1 11
96-99 2 12

This is my scale then:

40-45 -10 -1
46-50 -9 -1
51-55 -9 0
56-60 -8 0
61-65 -8 1
66-70 -8 1
71-75 -7 2
76-80 -7 2
81-85 -6 4
86-90 -5 5
91-95 -4 6
96-99 -3 7

Yeah, guys with 96-99 work ethic have a range that includes a negative number, but keep in mind that I'm shifting 5 points off of the scale to account for the average improvement that the game adds. So really someone with 99 Work Ethic rolling a -3 still improved by 2 OVR points in my system. They got the +5 in the offseason, then a -3 in preseason to come to +2. If they get the highest roll in my system they get +5 in the off season and +7 in preseason from my system to = a +12 total.

Hellisan's rolling back to last years ratings is wonderful, but I'm a bit lazier, so I came up with this. Once you edit a couple of players it's not hard to get a feel for how much you have to edit and what ratings impact what positions the most. Like I said, it'd probably take me 40-50 minutes to do an entire roster.

If anyone hasn't used random progression, I highly, highly encourage it. This thread is what I'm referencing when I talk about Hellisan's system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »