Home

Dynasty House Rule Ideas

This is a discussion on Dynasty House Rule Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #385
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty House Rule Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
U can create a new coach at the end of the season? How?
Sim 1st season as existing coach, create coach at end of year and select best offer.
-As an OC/DC no recruiting, all assists are left on. Can add 3 players to recruiting board per year but cannot allot points to them.
-1st year as HC can only recruit from home state, 3* or less
-2nd year as HC same as year 1. Can also recruit from out of state at same * as school prestige
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #386
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Wanted to bring this thread back just because I have gotten so many good ideas just from different people all over the boards. Here's the current set of house rules that I am running with right now in my Pitt dynasty:

Offseason: To add uncertainty to player progression, 8 players will be randomly selected by random.org via jersey number, and then randomly have 1-10 selected from random.org to be the overall points they lose that offseaosn. 4 players will selected in the same manner, but will progress by the generated number of overall points.

Recruiting Rules
- I may only apply as many recruiting upgrades to my coach as equal to 2x the number of wins that I had in the previous season. A down year will then mean tougher recruiting in the following season.
- Players in pipelines states who are 3* or lower may be scouted one time at 50%. No scouting of 4* or 5* players until they are signed or lost. Then they will be legitimate gems/busts once they are scouted after the fact. Any player may be scouted in the offseason signing period.
- I can only sign enough players to fill in my 70 roster spots when I lose seniors, plus any available spots from transfers/players leaving early. Then I can't overstock top talent and cut guys who were already on the team.
- Scholarship offers may only be given in an equal amount to the number of open scholarships. If there will be 10 scholarships available, then only 10 offers can be made total, until one of the ten offers signs with a different school.
- Anyone added to the recruiting board after the season begins has to have Pitt at least in their top 10. (Does not include preseason).
- The recruiting board may not be modified (players removed). Players may be added to the recruiting board once a target commits to another school and frees up a board space.
- Only ONE player may have the maximum 700 points assigned to them in any given week. All other recruits must have no more than 600 points assigned.
- Only ONE ATH may be signed in any year's recruiting class.
- All CPU signed walk ons must be cut that take the roster total past 70. Ideally all walk ons should be cut, but any under the roster maximum may be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Players who are +1000 on the field in recruiting are considered to be verbal commits (mainly for use in dynasty writing, not that they actually are).
- Try and stay in typical Pitt pipelines (PA, OH, FL, NJ, NY) unless player is interested in Pitt right from start of season.
-10 to 15 custom recruits will be created in a given class that are "high profile/overall" recruits. At maximum, I may only add ONE of these recruits to my board, only if they have initial interest in Pitt as a Top 5 school.
- Once a player signs, I must use 50% scouting on them in consecutive weeks to see how their ratings turn out. This allows me to both know what I signed, as well as takes points away from my recruiting board for that week. I must also use 50% scouting on players on the board that sign for the CPU.

Team Rules
- Player can only be redshirted if they would not play in real life scenario and will not be on my 2 deep depth chart.
- Can't redshirt anyone who comes in as a 5* prospect, must play them in some capacity.
- Can't redshirt any JUCO signing.
- Must sign a weak (1*) TE prospect to stay on the roster for 4 years as the long snapper.
- Players requesting to transfer will be allowed to leave unless they are supposed to be a starter in the upcoming season, then they can attempt to be convinced.
- Players leaving for the NFL draft will be allowed to leave.

Gameplay Rules
- Must choose 90% of offensive/defensive plays from the "Ask Coach" selection screen to allow for input of "coordinators" but can choose plays in crucial situations as desired (much like a head coach might)
- Must choose one player pre-snap on defense (can be any position) and must play the duration of the play as that player
- Only allowed to use quick audibles (4 audible choices from plays in the same formation) pre-play, no use of predefined audibles
- Hot routes are only eligible to be used if the starting QB is a multi-year starter or a senior with AWR above 85.
- Read option plays may only be used a maximum of 5 times per half, and 2 times on one single drive. (Does not include regular options)
- If the CPU is attempting a long field goal with a weak kicker, I must use FG Return and catch the miss, returning it to my own 20 yard line to simulate a punt touchback.
- I must use my offensive coordinator's preferred playbook. In season one with the OC, it needs to be default. In subsequent seasons, the playbook can be modified to include new custom formations and plays.
- Do not use any coordinator or head coach gameplay skill trees.

Miscellaneous Rules
- Injury ratings are edited down to allow for more injuries to user players.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 07-06-2020, 06:59 PM   #387
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

I don't want to start a new thread and I like this one, so here's my sort-of related question.

When you view a recruit, you get the + and - of how the schools did during the week. So, if you're losing or gaining ground on signing the recruit.

Obviously what goes into it is how schools compare on the bonus points, how many recruiting points they put into the school each week, booking a recruit visit (late visits get more points), how well a school does during the week the recruit visits the school.

What else goes into it?

Do you get any points for offering a scholarship?
Old 07-11-2020, 02:26 AM   #388
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limasbravo
What else goes into it?

Do you get any points for offering a scholarship?

If playing time is a major factor, you can gain or lose points depending on where they see themselves on the depth chart or if you already offered a scholarship to another player within the same position.

You could also get 0 points from a recruit if they have no interest in your school or if you have offered them a scholarship too early in their process.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:19 AM   #389
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
If playing time is a major factor, you can gain or lose points depending on where they see themselves on the depth chart or if you already offered a scholarship to another player within the same position.

You could also get 0 points from a recruit if they have no interest in your school or if you have offered them a scholarship too early in their process.
Interesting. Didn't know about this piece. The playing time I had figured out. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2020, 06:22 AM   #390
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Bumping this thread for ideas:

I’m getting back into NCAA again as it’s that time of year. I’m starting a new dynasty. Every dynasty I’ve ever started in this game is usually with a low level team (UMass, Old Dominion, Kentucky, Illinois, etc.). This time I’m going to go with my heart and play with my Texas Longhorns.

I’m looking for recruiting house rules so that I don’t completely dominate the recruiting screen year after year. I’m fully sticking to some basic house rules like only recruiting the number of seniors I have on the roster, not being able to convince players to stay, etc. I’ll probably decide that there is no red shirting 5* players.

What other ideas do people have for recruiting with a major power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-15-2020, 06:01 PM   #391
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Bumping this thread for ideas:

I’m getting back into NCAA again as it’s that time of year. I’m starting a new dynasty. Every dynasty I’ve ever started in this game is usually with a low level team (UMass, Old Dominion, Kentucky, Illinois, etc.). This time I’m going to go with my heart and play with my Texas Longhorns.

I’m looking for recruiting house rules so that I don’t completely dominate the recruiting screen year after year. I’m fully sticking to some basic house rules like only recruiting the number of seniors I have on the roster, not being able to convince players to stay, etc. I’ll probably decide that there is no red shirting 5* players.

What other ideas do people have for recruiting with a major power?

I use JoshC's, the stars representing your school stars.

1 Star: (Home State: Top 3) (Pipeline: Top 3) (Any: 1st)
2 Star: (Home State: Top 5) (Pipeline: Top 3) (Any: 1st)
3 Star: (Home State: Top 10) (Pipeline: Top 5) (Any: Top 3)
4 Star: (Home State: Any) (Pipeline: Top 10) (Any: Top 5)
5 Star: (Home State: Any) (Pipeline: Any) (Any: Top 10)
6 Star: Any player you want to pursue

One thing I do, and what could help so you don't feel like you're fully cheesing with a powerhouse, is I simply never scout them, nor even put any coach points into the recruiting tree at all. I add them to the board, put in weekly interest points, but never scout to reveal their ratings. This way what you end up with is a bit more hit and miss, and more surprises.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2020, 08:58 PM   #392
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah I don’t really chase anyone that I’m not in their top-10 to start anyways. I don’t scout either so you get that hit or miss from time to time. Makes landing those gems even more exciting for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »