Home

Do you think we'll ever see a next gen game

This is a discussion on Do you think we'll ever see a next gen game within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you think we'll ever see a next gen game

What I wondered was why didn't they release 14 on the next gen since technically it's not a 'new' game?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #10
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

I've never been a fan of putting sports games that have already been out and then porting them to the next gen. Madden 25 looks just like it does on xbox 1 and ps4 as it does on xbox 360 and ps3. it's the same game, but maybe slightly better graphics. i think it would have been the same game for ncaa and people would have complained nonetheless.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 01-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #11
MVP

CBoller1331's Arena

I don't think we'll see another college sports game unless the ncaa starts paying the athletes. Even then, It could create more problems-- which players get paid and how much. It old also create problems in making a video game. Since the players are no longer amateurs, the company making the video game wouldn't have to generalize things like height, weight, hometown, and ratings. It would be like madden super realistic. But with thousands more players than madden, I'd have to think it would take up huge amounts of file storage, I'm not that great with computer memory--someone correct me if I'm wrong--but couldn't that make the gameplay suffer? Then again this in probably 5-10 years in to the future and by then the ps5/6 could be out

Last edited by CBoller1331; 01-05-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 02:28 AM   #12
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

Those things basically just amount to text, and text takes up very little space. You can download custom rosters that have pretty much every roster down to name, height, weight, etc.. Doesn't effect gameplay at all.

We'll see more games eventually. The game is one of EA's Top 5 biggest sellers annually.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #13
MVP

CBoller1331's Arena

Ok. I just wasn't sure if havin so many players perfectly accurate would cause the gameplay to suffer. But again, I can't see the ncaa signing a contract until they start compensating he players they are making millions on dollars off of.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #14
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

If EA was smart, they would create a Next Gen NCAA game. However, the game would not ship with rosters. The game would have a "roster creator" that would randomly create a roster for each user when they boot it up (based on certain parameters - such as type of player (e.g. pocket passers vs. scramblers), relative skill level of player (i.e. good players for Ohio State and poor ones for Akron), and random physical characteristics). Then, players could edit the rosters to their liking. If they don't ship it with rosters and if players are randomly generated by the individual users, there is no way that anyone could sue them for creating their "likeness" on the game without compensation.

Seriously....this isn't rocket science. There is a whole game being worked on (No Man's Sky) that will procedurally create an entire universe one atom at a time. You can't tell me that they can't do this for a college sports roster.....
Old 01-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #15
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
If EA was smart, they would create a Next Gen NCAA game. However, the game would not ship with rosters. The game would have a "roster creator" that would randomly create a roster for each user when they boot it up (based on certain parameters - such as type of player (e.g. pocket passers vs. scramblers), relative skill level of player (i.e. good players for Ohio State and poor ones for Akron), and random physical characteristics). Then, players could edit the rosters to their liking. If they don't ship it with rosters and if players are randomly generated by the individual users, there is no way that anyone could sue them for creating their "likeness" on the game without compensation.

Seriously....this isn't rocket science. There is a whole game being worked on (No Man's Sky) that will procedurally create an entire universe one atom at a time. You can't tell me that they can't do this for a college sports roster.....
A lot of people have said stuff similar to that. however, it won't be the same. None of the schools will be in it, nor stadiums, or uniforms. Everything will have to be teambuilder

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #16
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
I've never been a fan of putting sports games that have already been out and then porting them to the next gen. Madden 25 looks just like it does on xbox 1 and ps4 as it does on xbox 360 and ps3. it's the same game, but maybe slightly better graphics. i think it would have been the same game for ncaa and people would have complained nonetheless.
I understand but this is a bit different since it's the last game that they'll release. I think they could have released 14 on the next gen too since it's technically not a new game. Now I'm keeping my PS3 just for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »