Home

What are your best dynasty stories?

This is a discussion on What are your best dynasty stories? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2016, 01:43 AM   #57
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What are your best dynasty stories?

I loved having long-running coaching careers. I had one dynasty where I started as HC at MTSU, did well for two years, then went to Northwestern. I won the Rose Bowl in year three or four, and ended up taking a job at Tennessee. My coach won two National Championships there in five years, and since it was beginning to get a little stale, I made up a storyline where his long-term QB coach (I made another coach) got a job as OC at Utah State. I switched to playing as that coach and ended up progressing to HC at Utah State after a few years. It was a lot of fun to go from a small school to the big time then back down again.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

the greatest good ive had-
im currently in my 2nd year as head coach ucla, allen banks(freshman out of my 1st recruiting class at ucla), was originally a 4* CB that i change to RB immediately because of his 97 speed. playing usc in the last game of the season, both teams 11-0. i had driven down the field, scored a TD with 34 seconds remaining, making the score 35-35. kicked off and usc returned the kick for a TD, ucla blocked the extra point. usc kicks off with 7 seconds on the clock (4 yards deep in the endzone) freshman allen banks take it to the house! no time left, made the extra point. ucla goes on the win, wins conference champ against oregon and beats 13-0 ohio st in the NC.

the worst bad ive had-
was head coach at texas, rearranged the big 12 to bring back a bit of the old south west conference. were playing smu(2-9) or (2-8) at home in the next to last game of the season(10-0). starting qb, injured- out for season(95 ovr). star RB injured- out for game (97 ovr) i couldnt throw or run to save my life.... it was ugly. lost to smu 21-17. blew my chances for the NC....

deuces
Old 07-30-2019, 05:35 PM   #59
Rookie

tinytimh's Arena

When I was in college, 10 of the guys in my residence hall did a dynasty together on one guy's Xbox (NCAA 07). We all started with 1 star programs and pretty much just went from there.

I started at Central Michigan and did fine for a couple of years, nothing spectacular, but after season 2, I got a couple of pretty tempting offers, Clemson and Alabama. I went with Clemson.

In season 4 (I think, it's only been 13 years) I finally broke through and managed to go undefeated and win the national championship over one of the other guys. By this point, pretty much every national title game was a User vs. User game. I wanna say that year I beat the guy controlling Nebraska.

But the win was a little bittersweet. My Heisman winning 99 overall QB Jay Richardson (still remember that detail haha) was graduating, and along with him, my top RB, top WR, and a smattering of other really talented players. So I decided it would be a good time to test some different waters.

I ended up taking over Virginia Tech, and the next season, also went undefeated, only to be shut out of the national championship by an undefeated Penn State, and the same undefeated Nebraska. I was so upset at the game, that I went right back to Clemson the next year, and even managed two more national titles over the next five seasons before the school year ended and we all went our separate ways.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #60
Pro

sgf83's Arena

I still play NCAA 06 on PS2 and I had a coaching dynasty one time where I just ran the same playbook no matter my talent and started with a 1-AA team inserted into Independents for Temple.

I started out as Georgia Southern Eagles and had the goal of getting them into the Sun Belt or Conference-USA and then building them into a power and possibly getting an ACC or SEC invite.

I went 6-6, 10-3, 11-2, 12-1 and 10-3 in 5 seasons at the helm and won 3 COY awards, 4 bowls and my HB won Heisman in the 12-1 year. We never got better than an Insight Bowl bid in those five years so I left to coach the Kentucky Wildcats who went 0-11 and were down to 1-star program.

I went 8-5 in my first year at Kentucky. Who won the National Championship that season? Georgia Southern. That was painful to see. On one hand I was proud that I had recruited the team but on the other hand I couldnt ever get even a January bowl invite while I was coaching there. That was the coolest and most depressing things at the same time.

Last edited by sgf83; 08-07-2019 at 08:01 PM. Reason: .
Old 10-14-2019, 02:29 AM   #61
Just started!

Decided to run a "What If Texas Tech kept baker mayfield and still had patrick mahomes" dynasty in NCAA 13.

starting in 2012. first had to work through a season with Seth Doege at QB.Went 8-4, won our bowl game. Uneventful, but baker mayfield was coming to town!

Going into 2013 with baker ,we went into the title game 13-0. against Malik Zaire and Notre Dame. Lost on a mayfield fumble on our final drive 24-27. Ouch.

2014 we go 13-0 again. Square off against USC and Cody Kessler this time. game goes 70-63 in our favor. CHAMPS!

2015 is where the story gets juicy. We start to get cocky. Lose at home to a bad Arkansas team early in the season after 5 turnovers which ends our winning streak going back to the NCG in 2013.

We fix our issues with some of our players and their fat little girlfriends hyping them up and then about midway thru the season we roll up on TCU, in a top 10 match on the road.

They humble us 56-48, again with a ton of turnovers on our end.

We drop to #9 in the standings with 4 games to go. TCU ends up going undefeated, finishing #1 in the Big 12, and heading to the conf title.. We end up winning out, but because we lost to TCU, we missed the XII title game.

but we ended up ranked #3 come conference championship week, and with no game to play, we can only watch and pray the polsters side with us combined with some lossses.

We need an unranked Oregon and Marcus Mariota team to upset the then #1 USC Trojans in the PAC-12 Championship, OR #2 TCU to lose in the big 12 championship in order for us to be able to make the title game with 2 losses. I ended up "watching" the games live it was so dramatic. Well TCU ended up winning their Conf champ against Oklahoma handidly, which ended that dream. But marcus mariota and the ducks ended up upsetting USC 51-48 on the road in the conf championship to derank USC and bump us to #2 come BCS championship time.

And guess whos waiting for us. Undefeated, now #1 ranked TCU and trevone boykin in the title game in a rematch of the top 10 battle from late in the regular season where we got humbled on their field.

We play completely differently, no turnovers. throttling them 70-21.it was like they played scared in the rematch. the whole situation was reminiscient of the 2011 Alabama LSU situation. The sweetest victory ive ever felt in a dynasty.

2016 comes along, and Baker gets drafted as a JR and here comes patrick mahomes, who naturally broke a ton of records including the passing yardage record, against, like in reality, Oklahoma! , we went 12-1 with a sugar bowl win again Maty Mauk and MIZZOU. ironically, Our only loss was to freakin TCU. Who was now unranked. And without trevone boykin. . For some reason we had to play them again on the road as well, Sick big 12 scheduling huh. they played like they had superpowers at home, and hung with us. We ended up losing on a failed 2 point play at the end of regulation.

My favorite and most unique dynasty to date. Did feel a bit like cheating having 2 future NFL studs at QB for all those seasons but it made me question what the heck texas tech was doing in reality to not at least come away with some BCS bowl/ 10 win seasons over that same period...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 11:58 PM   #62
Rookie

I'm currently in Season Two of my 2019 dynasty and UCF went undefeated last year but lost to 12-1 Texas in the NCG Title Game.

So, with the OS Community rosters, UCF went undefeated. Lol.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

4th year in my Akron franchise, so I had built a pretty stacked roster by then. I was playing against #1 Alabama. I turned over the ball twice, and found myself down 21-0 halfway through the 2nd quarter. I then proceeded to drop 63 unanswered points on them and blow them out of the water. lol
Old 11-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #64
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

BAD

Year 9 of dynasty, 5th season rebuilding a terrible Arkansas Program. Lost to UGA in SEC title game on a failed last second comeback: INT in endzone on desperation 4th down pass for first loss of season. SO Razorbacks are 12-1 but we all know what happens to title game chances with a late loss even to a good team... two 2 loss teams played in the Natty while I went to the Sugar Bowl

Good

3 years after that we beat Oregon with just a merciless defense & a very young offense in the title game 9-7 on 3 fields goals, the final being as time expired.

2 years after that the offense is all seniors now. Go 14-0 beat MSU in title game behind our amazing QB Jerome Brown and an incredible offense... Took 14 seasons to reach the perfect season. Was amazing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »