Home

Pump fake xbox 360

This is a discussion on Pump fake xbox 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pump fake xbox 360

I can't seem to figure out how to pump fake in this version. Which button is it? I've searched everywhere and can't find it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Pump fake xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
I can't seem to figure out how to pump fake in this version. Which button is it? I've searched everywhere and can't find it.
I think it is LB (Left Bumper)... I dont use it much, so not 100% but I know LB is not for anything else in passing.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks, it is. I really hate that they changed the system from NCAA 12. The pump fake was one reason why I preferred it over Madden.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
Banned

U could've just looked at advanced controls 8-l
Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #5
Rookie

Mules50's Arena

OVR: 4

LB is pump fake straight forward.

LB + Receiver icon is a pump fake towards that receiver alone. Can't pull this one off regularly, but the few times I have used it the CB has bit on the under route and leaves a wide open receiver down field
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
Rookie

That's good to know Mules. Even after figuring out the pump fake button I've struggled to use it this version. I tend to play with very hot pass rush because that honestly is the only way to make my offense play out with any sort of realism, but having the defense get to my QB if the ball is held for longer than 2.5-3 seconds pretty much does away with the pump fake option. I only use pump fakes when trying to go deep, and I regularly scarcely have enough time to get the ball out following a large drop even without the pump fake, and the version in this game really seems to take a lot of time, so the defense crushes me before I can even start my real throwing motion.

I wish I could lower QB accuracy more to get the passing game playing out accurately without the ridiculous pass rush, but there gets to be a point where even a 99 overall QB won't throw the ball within 5 yards of the intended receiver, and anything above that has him hitting the receiver every time.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

The pump fake works once in every ten tries, it seems. Luckily, the game lets you know when it worked in the replay when they show the CPU defender bite on the fake but most of time, like the poster above me, pump faking usually results in a silly sack for a loss of 10+ yards.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #8
Rookie

I had to go into practice mode to work on the timing for the pump fakes. In the end, I found the best strategy was using it immediately upon the snap, but even then it wasn't very effective. Given a choice between pump faking and play action, play action wins hands down, and both leave a solid chance your QB will be flattened before you can throw.

It's not really that big of a deal though. My passing game is more realistic without it, and I've found that the only way you can complete deep balls are on the rare occasion where one of your burners manages to get behind the CB and the ball is well lofted. I don't have a problem with that, it was just very frustrating to try and adjust to NCAA14 at first.

When you do complete an honest deep ball, it makes it all the more rewarding. My first two years at Texas A&M I got crushed by Alabama. My third year I had a fast HB I used to exploit any opening for 5-7 yards and played a ball control game, as my receivers seem to lose their ability to catch passes versus them. When I did sink that essentially game-sealing deep pass, it was awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »