Home

Does anyone just not play defense?

This is a discussion on Does anyone just not play defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Does anyone just not play defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
I'm actually struggling to get the CPU to produce much offense on Heisman...They kill me with the read option, but they can't throw on me at all.
Give my sliders a try then bro
Old 01-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #10
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
You're the first person I've heard of being able to have a top 20 passing d. Usually everyone always has the best rush defense and near the worst pass d due to the CPU abondoning the run game

I usually have a top 20 passing defense myself. It's always in the top 30 or 40, sometimes I even get it in the top 10. I don't play defense at all. I just call the plays and then let the cpu control all the guys.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #11
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

umm Im 4 games on with UCF, I've beat Florida, Michigan, Oregon State, Navy.... With Playmakers sliders.

Michigan scored 3.
Florida scored 6.
Oregon State scored 17.
Navy scored 21.

My defense has been lock down against the pass all year! Navy put up the most points against me all in the first half as I adjusted to their triple option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Yeah Im 4th n points, 6th n yards, 11th n pass, 14th in rush.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 PM   #13
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I dont play D. Its not really that fun to me... in fact, its downright frustrating.

I feel as if I can call whatever play I want, no matter how good or bad of a call it is, but if the CPU wants to run up the middle for a 12 yard gain, they will do it regardless of if I called engage 8 or 9 Velcro. I just feel like its the CPU's world and I'm just living in it lol
Old 01-07-2014, 11:59 PM   #14
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Defense is very tough in this game, especially pass defense. Rush isn't too bad but when a team runs the option and the QB keeps it, no matter what you do, it's almost gonna be a big run every time. I play LE and I always know who's going to keep it, when the QB keeps it, I'm right there to make the play but the game glitches and I slide right off the QB.

I once had triple coverage and the QB still made the complete pass in the back of the endzone. Then again, I'm playing with SJSU and their defense is straight up awful

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 01-08-2014, 02:39 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

A lot of people are upset about the lack of D in this game. I was too until I finally realized no one plays D, in real life, like they did back in the day - so I don't get upset about the lack of D in the NCAA Series. The (real life) stats prove it. Out of the 128 FBS Teams this year, only 7 teams averaged less than 300 yds of offense a game. Teams are gaining 300+ yds a game and still losing by 17 or more, which was unheard of back in the day. I am just glad it is balanced this year - my D sucks just as bad as the CPU's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 02:50 AM   #16
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok guys, let's get one thing straight here. I'm referring to sliders that will actually make the game competitive. Not sliders that are easy and you win every game by an average of 20 points and hold great teams to just 6 points

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »