Home

Does Oregon's playbook not work lol?

This is a discussion on Does Oregon's playbook not work lol? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Does Oregon's playbook not work lol?

Everytime I do a shotgun option type run, Mariota keeps it no matter what. It's not that big of a deal to me since I don't use their playbook, but I think it's messed up....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does Oregon's playbook not work lol?

The PB works great. Those are options and Mariota is making the correct read.

It's just that the D usually plays the HB on options in '14.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 01-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
Rookie

CantGetRight84's Arena

yea the cpu almost always go after the rb on read option plays
Old 01-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

You know you actually have to press a button to hand it off to the RB when you make your read right? If you don't hold the "A" on xbox or "x" on PS then the QB keeps it.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Do the nike skills trainer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

OVR: 2

I think it works fantastic. I'm happy they finally got a good amount of pre-snap motion type options in the game. just to be "fair", sometimes I keep or give no matter what based on the LB alignment. otherwise its way too easy to run like 50 run/option plays to only 8 passes in a game and put up 50+ points.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
You know you actually have to press a button to hand it off to the RB when you make your read right? If you don't hold the "A" on xbox or "x" on PS then the QB keeps it.
I already knew that. Even when I held A, it would automatically make Mariota keep it. Notice how I said specifically "Oregon's" playbook. I would hold A on a vast majority of their Shotgun runs, and it wouldn't be like a normal qb keep, it would just automatically make him run up the middle with deanthony thomas and thomas tyner lead blocking. Watch, use them in play now and try it
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovaturnup
I already knew that. Even when I held A, it would automatically make Mariota keep it. Notice how I said specifically "Oregon's" playbook. I would hold A on a vast majority of their Shotgun runs, and it wouldn't be like a normal qb keep, it would just automatically make him run up the middle with deanthony thomas and thomas tyner lead blocking. Watch, use them in play now and try it
Either your A button doesn't work, you don't know how to run it properly (again, the skills trainer would do you wonders) or you're not calling options.

Are you calling options or plays like "QB blast," "QB wrap," or "QB power" which are all designed QB runs?

Or is this like when you thought your cell phone's ring tone was coming from the game (which is my guess)?

EDIT:
Or is this while running the no huddle? There are more than a few options and HB designed runs (not just in Oregon but in most spread PBs) that get bugged when you run the no huddle. On these, the QB and HB will completely miss the mesh point and the QB will just keep it and try to get what he can.

I've seen this on options (almost all of them with the read guy motioning presnap) WR jet sweeps, and HB designed runs. I've played the game enough that I know all of the plays in my CPB that get bugged when no huddling (IE. I know that in spread offset, WR motion right works always, but WR motion left always gets bugged when running no huddle, but works fine if I call it in the huddle) so I know not to call them while no huddling.

If it's the above, I apologize for my snide remarks as I forgot about the many, many glitched spread plays while running the no huddle since I've learned through trial and error which plays in my CPB will get bugged.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 01-15-2014 at 11:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »