Home

To burn a red shirt?

This is a discussion on To burn a red shirt? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2014, 07:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
To burn a red shirt?

I am in my 3rd year dynasty, coach mode with Indiana. I am the OC and i am running the generic option playbook. Roberson is a senior and starting QB but was playing pretty bad so i put in my So QB Torres to start who is a better runner. Torres goes out with a season ending injury in game 6 (his first offical start) so Roberson is back in.

Here is my question, Roberson usually gets hurt every game and misses plays or a quarter or two and with Torres out my 3rd string guy Sunfeld is a pocket passer and cant run at all. Now i have a pretty talented scrambler QB who is red shirted. I am not sure if i should burn the red shirt assuming Roberson will go down and i dont want to change the offense since i have been building up the option attack and now could have a passer in for the 2nd half of the season. Just looking for other opinions, thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
MVP

NewscasterNews4's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: To burn a red shirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFogarty3
I am in my 3rd year dynasty, coach mode with Indiana. I am the OC and i am running the generic option playbook. Roberson is a senior and starting QB but was playing pretty bad so i put in my So QB Torres to start who is a better runner. Torres goes out with a season ending injury in game 6 (his first offical start) so Roberson is back in.

Here is my question, Roberson usually gets hurt every game and misses plays or a quarter or two and with Torres out my 3rd string guy Sunfeld is a pocket passer and cant run at all. Now i have a pretty talented scrambler QB who is red shirted. I am not sure if i should burn the red shirt assuming Roberson will go down and i dont want to change the offense since i have been building up the option attack and now could have a passer in for the 2nd half of the season. Just looking for other opinions, thanks.
Sudfeld is pretty good irl, I think you should go with him to save the RS.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
Sudfeld is pretty good irl, I think you should go with him to save the RS.

He is a solid pocket passer but not sure he can run an option playbook but i think i will get fired if i dont put up some wins this year!

year 1 3-9
year 2 8-5
year 3 1-5
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I personally would look at converting a WR to QB for emergency purposes only. I'm not a guy that likes to make drastic position switches like that, but I'd prefer to preserve the redshirt and find a WR who had some QB skills in the past rather than wasting a year of a kid's eligibility that should have some future in the program.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

You could always burn his redshirt, and then redshirt him the next year. Gets you out of your pickle, and you don't ruin his eligibility too much if he gets enough starts in to justify it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #6
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgie
You could always burn his redshirt, and then redshirt him the next year. Gets you out of your pickle, and you don't ruin his eligibility too much if he gets enough starts in to justify it.
That doesn't work. Once you redshirt someone it counts it. So he would lose a year and lose a redshirt. I don't think it's worth it. I would just do the WR thing.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 01-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

What kind of ratings does your RS QB have compared to Roberson? If he is close to him if not even or better, throw him in there. You plan on using him as a 4 yr starter anyways I would assume. I never burn RS status myself, but if you got to, you got to.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Old 01-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #8
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

I wouldn't burn it. All though I can understand if you do. After taking the Iowa State HC job, after a couple games I have benched my senior 91 overall QB in favor for a duel threat 83 overall sophomore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »