Home

Can the CPU Cheese?

This is a discussion on Can the CPU Cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2014, 02:11 AM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Can the CPU Cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
So for those who don't know, I run a Tulane Green Wave dynasty on NCAA 13. I have a dynasty blog I write for it, which you can follow for you like.

Anyway, I'm currently in my 5th season of the series, and I've noticed some horrendous play on my defense's part. We have the #1 run defense in the nation, but dead-last pass defense. Recently I started actually playing defense, but before then I had the CPU supersim the D and I would watch (using the "Watch Play" feature). My defense would dominate the line in the running game but get shredded in pass coverage. In each of the first 4 games played this season the CPU-controlled D has given up 586, 313, 476 and 274 yards respectively. But as I payed closer attention I noticed something.

I user-control the offense. My offense is usually good enough to keep us in the game. But if I gain a good lead on the other team (controlled entirely by the CPU), the other team's offense will start throwing a lot of deep passes. Much of which go for touchdowns. My team stands at 1-3, and in every game this season the other team has completed at least 1 or 2 deep balls every game for touchdowns. Again, all controlled by the CPU. This has allowed the other team to get back into the game & ultimately win.

My first game this season saw the opposing team complete 27 of 52 for 586 yds & 6 TD's. But in my last game the opposing QB only completed 8 of 10 passing. For 274 yards and 2 deep-ball touchdowns. Keep in mind they ran the ball 36 times for a whopping 55 yards. This isn't the first time that's happened, as for much of this dynasty the opposing team's QB will only complete like 20/25 on average, but for 300+ yards & a few TD's. It seems like every game the opposing QB averages 20 YPC.

I just have one question: Is the CPU cheesing? Is my pass defense just that bad, or is the CPU really cheesing its gameplan on offense to get back into the game. If it is cheesing, can I do anything about it? If it's my defense, any suggestions on how to fix that? Or maybe is it my slider set? How do I fix that? Anyway, help would be appreciated, as I'm really starting to get frustrated with the game. Is CPU cheesing even possible?

Thanks!
It sounds like you're hitting the safety glitch that made '13 unplayable for a TON of people (I wasn't one of them, but I definitely saw it from time to time). The safety glitch is gone from '13, but depending on certain factors it could run rampant.

In case you're unfamiliar, it's basically where the CPU controlled safeties just have brain farts and run in and then out or side to side, allowing a streaking WR to just run past him for a wide open TD.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-03-2014, 05:01 AM   #10
MVP

kswgrad2012's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
It sounds like you're hitting the safety glitch that made '13 unplayable for a TON of people (I wasn't one of them, but I definitely saw it from time to time). The safety glitch is gone from '13, but depending on certain factors it could run rampant.

In case you're unfamiliar, it's basically where the CPU controlled safeties just have brain farts and run in and then out or side to side, allowing a streaking WR to just run past him for a wide open TD.
So how do I counter that? Put more people deep?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dynasty Stops:
1. Tulane Green Wave
2. UAB Blazers
3. Wichita State Shockers

Xbox Live Gamertag: Dr HAM 101 (friend me/message me!)
Old 02-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I think you need to look at your sliders or learn which defense to call in certain situations. I have never had a pass defense at the end of the season rank worse then 40th. The only time I have seen 4 verts work in this game (14) depends on the defense I call, and it has happened only 5 or 6 times total that it's worked against me. I try not to run it but when I do my guys are never open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
So how do I counter that? Put more people deep?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
You can't. It's a glitch. That's why I said it made '13 unplayable for so many people.

I looked for the glitch and ran tests with my playbook and even posted videos on it showing that I very rarely saw the glitch (while others saw it almost every 3rd and long of the game) but we could never figure out what I was doing differently.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I think you need to look at your sliders or learn which defense to call in certain situations. I have never had a pass defense at the end of the season rank worse then 40th. The only time I have seen 4 verts work in this game (14) depends on the defense I call, and it has happened only 5 or 6 times total that it's worked against me. I try not to run it but when I do my guys are never open.
He's playing '13, not '14.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #14
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Honestly in 13 all you have to do is have somewhat decent CB's and safties and set your interceptions to "aggressive" and your secondary will be more aggressive once the ball is in the air and will make a play more often.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #15
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
He's playing '13, not '14.

Sorry guys, I missed that part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #16
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

In 14 I have noticed that my guys with low awareness dont play the ball all that well but the guys with high awareness do. I have a freshman safety who needs alot of help from my Sr safety do to this. If they throw the deep ball on him in man coverage he struggles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »