Home

Love the game, 1 thing annoys me though.

This is a discussion on Love the game, 1 thing annoys me though. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Love the game, 1 thing annoys me though.

I don't like how they use the R3 stick to get off of a block & as a big hit stick. A couple of times a game I get into a situation where my defender will all of the sudden disengage a blocker at the same time I'm using the R3 stick to get off of the block and my defender will start the power hit animation and just fall over.

Another thing that happens is a blocker will have me lined up and I think he is about to block me, but he will whiff on his block (this happens when I'm blitzing mostly) so I'm anticipating the guy blocking me and I hit the R3 stick to get off of the block and my defender will go into the power hit animation and fall over again.

Anyone else have this happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Love the game, 1 thing annoys me though.

I have never had that happen.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

I have, because I have a tendency to hold down on the stick too long. I've also had a couple awesome times where this happened but I happened to catch the QB or RB for a big hit.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I have, because I have a tendency to hold down on the stick too long. I've also had a couple awesome times where this happened but I happened to catch the QB or RB for a big hit.
Yes, when I'm blitzing sometimes I will sack the QB with a big hit. It's usually when they are running the ball to my side of the field that my guy will inexplicably disengage from the blocker at the exact moment that I'm trying to use the "swim-move" and it causes my defender to go into the big hit animation, whiff and fall over.

I'm always using scrub teams so if I whiff on a run to the outside it's typically a TD or a 40 yard run.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5

happens all the time to me, especially on screen plays
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »