Home

what does the Agility rating do?

This is a discussion on what does the Agility rating do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1
what does the Agility rating do?

I have an Athlete recruit that I am targeting to play WR, CB or Safety. He has Speed and Acceleration ratings of 94 and 92, but his Agility is only 78. His Receiving attributes are all between 72 and 76, Man and Zone Coverage are 80+ but press is at 69.

What will a player like this, with high speed and accel but relatively low agility, be like? What does the agility rating affect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: what does the Agility rating do?

i always imagined it effecting how fast a player could change direction, make cut moves and jukes, etc
Old 02-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
i always imagined it effecting how fast a player could change direction, make cut moves and jukes, etc

That's what it is. How well he can cut and juke without losing is balance.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
That's what it is. How well he can cut and juke without losing is balance.
Actually it determines how much speed he loses when changing directions. That's what EA wrote a couple of releases ago.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Actually it determines how much speed he loses when changing directions. That's what EA wrote a couple of releases ago.

Makes me think agility is a great stat for wr's getting separation, at least the ones that are running whip routes and routes with a lot of cuts and double moves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

When PocketScout was creating his recruiting program that could be used up through NCAA '12 he included a column in the spreadsheet output titled Mobility. It was simply the average of speed, agility and acceleration.

Makes complete sense that agility is tied into the other two, as an earlier poster stated. You do see a lot of WRs with high SPD and ACC but a lesser AGI number. This Mobility figure (which I just do on my own within Scouting now) is paramount when I'm looking at HBs, QBs to run my option offense, and IMO both CBs and OLBs. I'm not uncertain, either, that OGs with a higher Mobility number wouldn't be a great deal better.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Assuming this is still correct, if I get the recruit I mentioned in my original post (90+ acceleration and speed ratings, 78 agility), he would have to slow down to make a cut because of low agility but would regain speed quickly after the cut because of high acceleration?
Old 03-02-2014, 04:50 PM   #8
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU
Assuming this is still correct, if I get the recruit I mentioned in my original post (90+ acceleration and speed ratings, 78 agility), he would have to slow down to make a cut because of low agility but would regain speed quickly after the cut because of high acceleration?
Allegedly speaking, yes.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »