Home

Quick Coaching Philosophy Questions

This is a discussion on Quick Coaching Philosophy Questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon5 Quick Coaching Philosophy Questions

Ok here goes...

First I am curious if my philosophies affect recruiting or just simply the numbers I put up?

Also, as far as CPU would go, does the HC or OC philosophy affect the offensive play calling?

I am looking at upping the passing game for some of the schools I am playing against a want to know whose info to tweak and also which direction I move the slider (L/R) to pass the ball more often...

Also, as far as aggressiveness goes, does that mean they'll go down the field more often or throw into double coverage or what?

Any help would be great...thanks!
--If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more of it to get started then anyways now do you? --
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

Re: Quick Coaching Philosophy Questions

I'm not 100% sure about a lot of this, but my understanding is that Coach Settings only affect CPU actions during games--so if you play each snap, they have no real effect on gameplay, but when you sim, these settings dictate coach behavior and play calling.

Your "Playing Style" grade with recruits is determined in large part by your Coaching Philosophy settings. I think it ties into player tendencies; i.e., if your defensive philosophy is set heavily to pass coverage, then an LB recruit with "Coverage" tendency will give your team a higher Playing Style rating than an LB recruit whose tendency is "Run Stopper".
Old 03-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
I'm not 100% sure about a lot of this, but my understanding is that Coach Settings only affect CPU actions during games--so if you play each snap, they have no real effect on gameplay, but when you sim, these settings dictate coach behavior and play calling.

Your "Playing Style" grade with recruits is determined in large part by your Coaching Philosophy settings. I think it ties into player tendencies; i.e., if your defensive philosophy is set heavily to pass coverage, then an LB recruit with "Coverage" tendency will give your team a higher Playing Style rating than an LB recruit whose tendency is "Run Stopper".
Playing style is based 100% on player stats/depth chart. In your example, if you're recruiting a coverage OLB, if the guys in your OLB depth charts (note I didn't say your OLBs) have a lot of INTs, then you'll have a high coverage OLB rating.

This is really, really stupid, but you can cheat the system because of this. IE. put all of your leading INTers (which are probably CBs and safeties) into your OLB depth charts and you'll have a high coverage OLB grade. Likewise, if you put all of your leading rushers into your QB depth chart and you'll have a high scrambler QB rating.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #4
Rookie

Brave22's Arena

Hmm, I never thought of that...that's an interesting cheat...

One question I didn't see answered...

As far as coaching philosophies for CPU coached teams (or simming)

How exactly does the run/pass offense work as well as the aggressive/conservative sliders?

IOW: which way do I move them to be more oriented in one way or another...

I notice the number on the left moves up as you move right and down as you move left...it didn't make much sense to me the way the GUI looks
--If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more of it to get started then anyways now do you? --
Old 03-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave22
Hmm, I never thought of that...that's an interesting cheat...

One question I didn't see answered...

As far as coaching philosophies for CPU coached teams (or simming)

How exactly does the run/pass offense work as well as the aggressive/conservative sliders?

IOW: which way do I move them to be more oriented in one way or another...

I notice the number on the left moves up as you move right and down as you move left...it didn't make much sense to me the way the GUI looks
You're over thinking it.

Move the slider closer to Run and they'll run more.
Move the slider closer to Pass and they'll pass more.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »