Home

Area for MAJOR improvement folks are overlooking..."perfect pitch"

This is a discussion on Area for MAJOR improvement folks are overlooking..."perfect pitch" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2004, 10:46 AM   #9
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Area for MAJOR improvement folks are overlooking...\"perfect pitch\"

the best way to stop the option is to make your opponent think you're gonna tackle his qb, and
hit the triangle button as soon as he pitches the ball and you will intercept the pitch. When you hit the triangle button it put you in the perferct position to get the ball ITS PRETTY EASY!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 06:39 PM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, I agree that the option needs work. Many times, the CPU QB will pick up a good 10-15 yards on me, but still pitch the ball, even if the RB is straight back or in a crowd. It looks very awkward and unrealistic at times.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:51 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I actually saw a fumbled option pitch the other day. I was shocked. Of course the offense recovered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2004, 04:25 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree and also disagree. I agree that pitching in traffic should be lessened a good bit. I also agree that QB's should have a rating for option "skill". I also agree it seems the offense recovers an inordinate amount of pitches that they probably shouldn't (almost like the reverse of the offense can't get any rebounds in EA"s basketball games).

However I believe with alot of practice defending the option it's nowhere close to being a money play. I have played with all kinds of teams online and most of the time, i'd say about 70-75% of the time I can stop the option, even by good or great option teams. Often I cause alot of fumbles (not necessarily recovering alot tho, just causing em) and the other player will abandon the option because of it.

I don't think this aspect needs major overhaul, but it definitely needs addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »