Home

HOW ABOUT ROSTER UPDATES!!

This is a discussion on HOW ABOUT ROSTER UPDATES!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2004, 08:58 AM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
HOW ABOUT ROSTER UPDATES!!

now i understand that the roster updates can't have names for legal reasons--so be it. believe me, the NCAA playing community has a way to name the players. but we NEED roster updates! if three or four players miss the default roster? ADD THEM WITH THE ROSTER UPDATE! if you're average-rated QB ends up winning the heisman? make the stats reflect it!! if your FS is the best in america by midseason? let the game reflect it by raising his stats. i'm hella-tired of playing against the overrated OSU* offense online when 1) players like clarett would have been taken off the roster early in the season 2)krenzel would have come WAAAY down. 3) michael jenkins would have been no place NEAR a 94. and 4) chris gamble wouldn't have sniffed a 99. how abou the miami hurricanes? one of their most explosive players (#4 Devin Hester) was left off the original roster and doesn't even exist if you play online. how about brock berlin? if you think by mid-season that he deserved the 87 he got in the default roster then i have a bridge in brooklyn i want to sell you (more like a 77). players like jason white, larry fitz and many others got cheated out of the update points they deserved, and teams like LSU (defense) and SC (offense) had the best units in college football by season's end...so why didn't the rosters reflect it? its not fair to those teams fans that they have to wait until 2005 for the ratings to reflect what we already know. essentially, the default roster is outdated 3 weeks into the season. roster updates (ratings and missing players) can fix this!! NCAA fans shouldn't be cheated out of the things that MADDEN fans take for granted: ROSTER UPDATES IN 2005!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2004, 09:04 AM   #2
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: HOW ABOUT ROSTER UPDATES!!

one more thing, madden has 4 roster updates during the season--the multiple websites that name the rosters for NCAA have atleast 5 revisions during the season (one had 7). so it would be no problem for us to download a freshly named roster after we get the download. NCAA roster updates (and online updates as well) is a must-have...what SERIOUS sports game doesn't have roster updates? and online updated rosters will be THE STANDARD in 2005 (look at the grief ESPN took for static rosters) True NCAA fans shouldn't be cheated...
Old 03-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #3
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

If they did roster updates you'd have to re-name everyone all over again. Have fun with that. lol

If you could figure out a way to have EA update the rosters without changing any of the names you've added that would be fine. Otherwise it's not worth the hassle to me.

You know what I'm saying?
Old 03-09-2004, 04:54 PM   #4
87% L*m*ny Fr*sh

blacklover's Arena

OVR: 8

I know that Sega did an update for their College Hoops game.
Problem is, like stated above. You must then re-enter all the names.

Here is what NCAA needs more than anything. A PC editor.

I picked up Winning Eleven 7 and snagged the PC editor for it.
Using it, I have made the best f'ing WE7 roster ever.

If I had a PC editor for NCAA Football, I could fix class, name everybody, get equipment perfect, etc, all in one place.

The problem is, and I have worked with some people on this in the past, EA uses some sort of encoding in the save file. It's not cut and dry like the sega saves or this konami save I have is. For some reason it appears EA have protected or secured the save output.

What this does, is makes it next to impossible to extract the data so that it can be edited.

Here is what I can do with the WE7 editor. Change Stadium names, add in real team logos, edit every player in the game with height, weight, face build, every skill rating, nationality, special abilities, and add call names from the default list.

Any of you programmers out there willing to take a look at the NCAA file with a hex editor and see if it's possible to extract the data into a editable GUI application, we all would benefit greatly.

Old 03-10-2004, 12:28 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

For all the programmers out there heres what im seeing so far.

Alright heres the small progress Ive made. i opened it in a Hex editor which also interprets the hex for you. I can read names of people in the game. For instance I stumbled across Santiago Gramatica. The way it is signified in the inerpreted text is as follows

Santiago.9Gramatica

From looking at what has been interpreted it seems as if all players are signified as

firstName.someNumberlastName

Im not sure where to go from here but hopefully some one may. I am using Hex Workshop V4.32 and the NCAA roster file from geekrosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2004, 01:31 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

well just another update small one of not much importance but Ive found the area in the file where it lists off the player attributes. Not each players but just a list of the attributes. Heres what I mean by seeing the attributes i also include a few players. Maybe someone on here will find a pattern or something.

Sorry its not alligned nicely I dont know how to do Cuorier Font on this message board. If you want to see it aligned nicely go to here

.................v..
f....<...........#.9
.....A..............
.....PTHA...........
.PFNAP.......P...PLN
Ah...........PSTA...
.........PLEB.......
.....PREB...........
.PKAC............PAC
C............PHED...
.........PGID.......
.....TGID...........
.PHPD............PSP
D............PRSD...
.........PPOE.......
.....PBRE...........
.PEYE............PLM
G............PFSH...
.........PLSH.......
.....PMSH...........
.PRSH............PSS
H............PCTH...
.....%...PAGI.......
.+...PSKI...........
.PINJ........4...PTA
K........:...PPBK...
[email protected].......
.F...PNEK........I..
.PFMK........M...PBT
K........S...PHCL...
.....V...PFGM.......
.Z...PHAN......[..
.PJEN........b...PTE
N........i...PLHN...
.....l...PRHN.......
.o...PSLO........q..
.PTTO........s...PLF
P........t...PTHP...
.....z...PFMP.......
.....PIMP...........
.PJMP............PTY
P............PCAR...
.........PYER.......
.....PFKR...........
.PFPR............PKP
R............PSTR...
.........POVR.......
.....PAWR...........
.PVIS............PFJ
S............PPOS...
.........PMUS.......
.....PLWS...........
.PRWS............PHG
T............PWGT...
.........PSLT....Nat
e.56789Allen.6789.1.
W.....G.......e|..N.
:\$..c.I......(..Joe
.456789Schieffer..1.
F.........".(...8...
S0$....o....!.(..Rob
ert.789Barkers.89.1.
F4.......`..(.......
.N...*.@.....`)..Ada
m.56789Strecker.9.1.
RP....g....(...Lt%..
..$..#.n......)..Adr
ian.789Wright.789.1.
M7.z..G.......,{...A
..$....`..I...)..Ada
m.56789Larson.789.1.
<-.y..T..P..(..'....
..$..c.f.....I)
Old 03-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #7
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

What...??
Old 03-14-2004, 02:12 PM   #8
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Kushmir said:
now i understand that the roster updates can't have names for legal reasons--so be it. believe me, the NCAA playing community has a way to name the players. but we NEED roster updates! if three or four players miss the default roster? ADD THEM WITH THE ROSTER UPDATE! if you're average-rated QB ends up winning the heisman? make the stats reflect it!! if your FS is the best in america by midseason? let the game reflect it by raising his stats. i'm hella-tired of playing against the overrated OSU* offense online when 1) players like clarett would have been taken off the roster early in the season 2)krenzel would have come WAAAY down. 3) michael jenkins would have been no place NEAR a 94. and 4) chris gamble wouldn't have sniffed a 99. how abou the miami hurricanes? one of their most explosive players (#4 Devin Hester) was left off the original roster and doesn't even exist if you play online. how about brock berlin? if you think by mid-season that he deserved the 87 he got in the default roster then i have a bridge in brooklyn i want to sell you (more like a 77). players like jason white, larry fitz and many others got cheated out of the update points they deserved, and teams like LSU (defense) and SC (offense) had the best units in college football by season's end...so why didn't the rosters reflect it? its not fair to those teams fans that they have to wait until 2005 for the ratings to reflect what we already know. essentially, the default roster is outdated 3 weeks into the season. roster updates (ratings and missing players) can fix this!! NCAA fans shouldn't be cheated out of the things that MADDEN fans take for granted: ROSTER UPDATES IN 2005!

You forgot to mention Go Blue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »