Home

Adding teams to current dynasty

This is a discussion on Adding teams to current dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #17
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Adding teams to current dynasty

Yea I knew the reason behind why they were OPed. I was just saying, if I were to want to bring in some TB teams that is probably who I would replace. That way I wouldn't have to deal with changing all the coaching options around.

Also, you're saying to just put the pass amount to 30? that 10% increase (I believe the max amount you can go either direction is 80%?) helped out enough as well? In one of my dynasties I believe I changed most of them to new mexico's PB and they were still doing better than expected.

Also, do you know for sure that those 4 teams (if you include AF) are the only ones who have coaches with the option PB? There's no random like defensive coordinator on a team with the option PB set as his offensive PB?
Old 05-25-2014, 03:22 AM   #18
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
They don't become powerhouses because they're military academies.

They become powerhouses because they use option PBs and have their run/pass ratio almost maxed out towards run and this is EXTREMELY overpowered in the SIM engine. Playing against them as a user if perfectly fine, but the SIM engine treats those PBs/run: pass ratios like gods.

Change their PBs from option PBs. I changed Army to "Run Balanced", Navy to "Air Force", and Georgia Tech to "Spread Option." Air Force is technically an option PB but they have way more non-flexbone formations than flex ones.

Change their run/pass ratios to 30.

I did this in my dynasty and GT/Army/Navy were toned down considerably to a realistic level. You also need to make sure that you don't just change the HC, but also the DC and OC. If you're already deep into your dynasty, then you'll have to hunt down all the option coaches since they've almost certainly moved on to other teams.

Also, I don't know how deep you are in your dynasty, but it's these coaches moving on that makes things silly. If you think Army and Navy are overpowered, just wait until you see an Alabama/Georgia/USC/Texas type of school with an option coach....
They still often become powerhouses even when you get them off the triple option juice.

I changed the three service academies to a run heavy Pistol, basically the same as New Mexico, and Army/Navy still usually end up a lot better than they should.

The problem is a combination of Army & Navy both having A- ratings for Program Tradition, and no size restrictions, which helps them get an inordinate amount of top recruits that would never end up there in the real world.

You can edit their Program Tradition rating with the dynasty editor (should be around a C-, on par with Northwestern over the last 50 years), but it recalculates at the end of every season and they're back to A-. IIRC, I tried editing their historic records and championship numbers, but the records regenerate and the rating is presumably based on the records in one way or another.

As far as new coaches being generated with the Option Run playbook, I let it slide until I notice a team is playing way above their heads. It gives teams a chance for those Cinderella seasons, and whatever recruiting benefits might come with them, then I'll cut them back down to a normal PB.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #19
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
They still often become powerhouses even when you get them off the triple option juice.

I changed the three service academies to a run heavy Pistol, basically the same as New Mexico, and Army/Navy still usually end up a lot better than they should.

The problem is a combination of Army & Navy both having A- ratings for Program Tradition, and no size restrictions, which helps them get an inordinate amount of top recruits that would never end up there in the real world.

You can edit their Program Tradition rating with the dynasty editor (should be around a C-, on par with Northwestern over the last 50 years), but it recalculates at the end of every season and they're back to A-. IIRC, I tried editing their historic records and championship numbers, but the records regenerate and the rating is presumably based on the records in one way or another.

As far as new coaches being generated with the Option Run playbook, I let it slide until I notice a team is playing way above their heads. It gives teams a chance for those Cinderella seasons, and whatever recruiting benefits might come with them, then I'll cut them back down to a normal PB.
Quote:
Change their run/pass ratios to 30.
You missed a step.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #20
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
Yea I knew the reason behind why they were OPed. I was just saying, if I were to want to bring in some TB teams that is probably who I would replace. That way I wouldn't have to deal with changing all the coaching options around.

Also, you're saying to just put the pass amount to 30? that 10% increase (I believe the max amount you can go either direction is 80%?) helped out enough as well? In one of my dynasties I believe I changed most of them to new mexico's PB and they were still doing better than expected.

Also, do you know for sure that those 4 teams (if you include AF) are the only ones who have coaches with the option PB? There's no random like defensive coordinator on a team with the option PB set as his offensive PB?
With their ratio at 25 or less they'll still be overpowered, even with spread option, run balanced, and air force. With it @ 30 they still run a ton, but they don't win an inordinately high number of games.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #21
Banned

RedSoxFox7's Arena

Quote:
You missed a step.
You missed that I set them both up the same as New Mexico, which never runs the risk of winning a BCS game.

Adjusting the run/pass slider might help too, but run tendencies aren't going to get Army & Navy top 30 recruiting classes right off the bat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #22
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
It's not BYU and Hawaii that's dropping sports.... it's the BYU-Hawaii Seasiders, a small division II school in the Pacific West conference.

BYU in Provo and Hawaii in FBS are fine.

But to answer the original question, you can only replace existing teams at the beginning of a dynasty. You can't add, you have to remove 1 team to add a teambuilder team.
Hold up, you're telling me that BYU-Hawaii is a real school that actually exists?!?!
Old 05-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #23
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFox7
You missed that I set them both up the same as New Mexico, which never runs the risk of winning a BCS game.

Adjusting the run/pass slider might help too, but run tendencies aren't going to get Army & Navy top 30 recruiting classes right off the bat.
I didn't miss that. I just assumed that you gave them the NM PB (which could obviously be a bad assumption) and didn't change their run/pass ratios. If you just change the PBs and keep their extreme run heavy ratios they'll still dominate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »