Home

SIAP: EA Sports' College Football 15 could've included enormous customization overha

This is a discussion on SIAP: EA Sports' College Football 15 could've included enormous customization overha within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5
SIAP: EA Sports' College Football 15 could've included enormous customization overha

Sorry if already posted.

I just saw this on reddit today even though the article was from October. I never saw this mentioned before.

"A Minecraft-like customizer suite was a potential central aspect of the developer's plans for the latest version, before EA shut the series down."

Man, the one year they were going to make some changes. Rats.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ideo-game-2014
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SIAP: EA Sports' College Football 15 could've included enormous customization ov

Wow, they should've gone ahead with the plans for the game, and just removed with the NCAA stuff. With that much customization, we could've made our own NCAA teams
Old 05-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: SIAP: EA Sports' College Football 15 could've included enormous customization ov

Good read, I'm gonna go slam my head against the wall repeatedly now
Old 05-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #4
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah... the first thing that crossed my mind was punching the desk repeatedly while yelling at a ridiculous volume.

I moaned, fought, clawed for improvements to teambuilder, then NCAA died.

I feel like the mistress who was about to have her named inked on the will of a billionaire, only for him to die with the pen in his hand.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

This has been discussed before, why would the developers say anything other than it was going to be awesome. We heard this sort of thing every year by the hype train.

Hey the series got cancelled so lets tell people we were working really really hard and fighting to give them a great game. All the while we were really going to deliver a game with just a couple new features, one of which will require a day one patch because it is broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

This is EA's way of saying "Yeah, the fish I caught are all tiny. But you should have seen the one that got away!"
Old 05-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
Rookie

I remember this from a few months ago, but like then, I'm throwing the BS flag still. First of all, they said it "could have" had a customizer, and it was a "potential" aspect to be added. None of that means it was going to happen.

I don't believe for a second it would have because if it did, there wouldn't be much of a reason to buy the title year after year. Moreover, you're going to tell me that the development team was working to get this released now? Given that PS4 and Xbox One have been released, I'm sure they weren't spending much time on that. Even if they were, these would have been the first games on the new consoles, and those always lack features compared to the ones that come out in the years to follow.

I feel like EA is suggesting that the fans/customers are to blame for the game being brought down, and are basically giving them the finger by saying, "If you only let us continue, you would have got all you wanted."

Hypothetically, even if they did manage to pull this off, is anyone really going to suggest they got it right the first time? I highly doubt it. It just would mean they forgot to add a whole bunch of options, and year after year they would try to bring you back by releasing those options.

Call me a cynic, but I don't buy any of this story.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxFan613
I remember this from a few months ago, but like then, I'm throwing the BS flag still. First of all, they said it "could have" had a customizer, and it was a "potential" aspect to be added. None of that means it was going to happen.

I don't believe for a second it would have because if it did, there wouldn't be much of a reason to buy the title year after year. Moreover, you're going to tell me that the development team was working to get this released now? Given that PS4 and Xbox One have been released, I'm sure they weren't spending much time on that. Even if they were, these would have been the first games on the new consoles, and those always lack features compared to the ones that come out in the years to follow.

I feel like EA is suggesting that the fans/customers are to blame for the game being brought down, and are basically giving them the finger by saying, "If you only let us continue, you would have got all you wanted."

Hypothetically, even if they did manage to pull this off, is anyone really going to suggest they got it right the first time? I highly doubt it. It just would mean they forgot to add a whole bunch of options, and year after year they would try to bring you back by releasing those options.

Call me a cynic, but I don't buy any of this story.
While I agree with you on EA BS'ing us on the customizer, but blaming the fans for the loss of the game is highly inaccurate.

EA still wanted to create a college football game. They renewed their license with the CLC after the NCAA decided to pull out of the agreement. The series went south when the schools decided to pull out of the game... to wait for the results of the lawsuits.

But EA took initial steps towards making another game. Their partners dropped out which forced their hand. How do you convey that towards blaming their fans? The fans are responsible for the Big 10, Pac 10, SEC's decision?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »