Home

Any playbooks with...

This is a discussion on Any playbooks with... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any playbooks with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
I love the split back. It sets up great option runs and great play action as well. More often then not the other hb is creating holes due to running to the other side of the line. Triple option and read option are great out of the split back. I know everyone has their opinion but the second HB usually doesn't need to block in splits. Just my extra two cents.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
If the plays involve motion before the snap then yes, a second HB has an effect on the play even if he is not getting the ball or blocking, but for just having two backs static in the backfield, with one guy getting the ball and the other blocking, its better to have a guy good at blocking in there with a guy good at running.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:17 AM   #10
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
If the plays involve motion before the snap then yes, a second HB has an effect on the play even if he is not getting the ball or blocking, but for just having two backs static in the backfield, with one guy getting the ball and the other blocking, its better to have a guy good at blocking in there with a guy good at running.
Ok, i can understand that. their are some split back formations where the 2nd back is a fb though. you just have to play with them a little, plus if you really want to you can put the fb in through the formation subs menu. another thing to remember is there aren't many good fb recruits that have the speed of a power back AND can block like a fb should...at least not that i have seen. i could be wrong though.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Ok, i can understand that. their are some split back formations where the 2nd back is a fb though. you just have to play with them a little, plus if you really want to you can put the fb in through the formation subs menu. another thing to remember is there aren't many good fb recruits that have the speed of a power back AND can block like a fb should...at least not that i have seen. i could be wrong though.

In this version of the game I haven't had too much trouble recruiting talented FB's as long as I keep them and my TE's involved statistically (you can easily convert TE to FB). Having a real FB out there makes a dramatic difference when running stretch and power O plays, which are staples of my running game. My FB usually dominates in pancake blocks, and having a good guy out there can be the difference in a 5 yard run or a 50 yard run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #12
Rookie

BYU playbook would be a good base for a custom 2 back playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »