Home

Playbook Sharing Thread

This is a discussion on Playbook Sharing Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #73
Rookie

natevan22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playbook Sharing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU
What personnel and formations you use is really just up to personal preference and should be based on your roster.
If you want to run spread-option out of the pistol, though, I'd suggest starting with this formation & plays.

http://www.simsports.net/viewFormati...bid=2323&gid=2

The read-option is the play you call, the rest of the plays are your audibles that should take advantage of what the defense might do to take away the option. If they overload the weak side, or leave the middle open, switch to the HB zone play. Defense brings a safety up to stop the run, audible to 4-verticals or the playaction to beat them deep. The slot defender is cheating to stop the fun, throw the bubble screen.
Thanks man! I really just use fsu with 15 roster. Should i use Whitfield in slot his speed is crazy and getting him the ball is a way i wanna move the ball, also i have a great tight end how can i use him.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:28 AM   #74
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by natevan22
Thanks man! I really just use fsu with 15 roster. Should i use Whitfield in slot his speed is crazy and getting him the ball is a way i wanna move the ball, also i have a great tight end how can i use him.

How does FSU use O'Leary? Do that.
Does FSU use Whitfield or other speedy receivers in the slot? If so, do that. If not- figure out routes you like for him and master them.

Not rocket science.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #75
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

For those waiting on my 1990s Nebraska playbook, I have it mostly finished. There is one play in there that shouldn't be- I'll delete it and replace it accordingly- and I made a few additions to Osborne's playbook- mostly shotgun option runs.)
I realize Nebraska didn't run read option and zone option shotgun stuff like Oregon or Ohio State or Auburn do, but I think these are essential to the playbook as they set up some of the most lethal shotgun PA passes out of those sets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 09:11 PM   #76
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
For those waiting on my 1990s Nebraska playbook, I have it mostly finished. There is one play in there that shouldn't be- I'll delete it and replace it accordingly- and I made a few additions to Osborne's playbook- mostly shotgun option runs.)
I realize Nebraska didn't run read option and zone option shotgun stuff like Oregon or Ohio State or Auburn do, but I think these are essential to the playbook as they set up some of the most lethal shotgun PA passes out of those sets.

I'm interested in seeing this once you have it done. I like a power-run/option offense just based out of 3 WR, 1 TE sets. Curious to see what out of your playbook I might be able to translate to mine.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #77
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

I've updated my playbook to include other personnel groupings, other than the 11 personnel I base out of.

http://www.simsports.net/viewPlayboo...bid=2229&gid=2

My strategy with this playbook is that it all starts with the read-option game, sprinkle in a few quick-passing concepts (stick, spot, shallow cross) and screens, then hit them over the top with play-action. With the playbook now updated, I can use this same strategy up-tempo with whichever personnel grouping gives me the best match-ups.

Any suggestions on option plays, along with a play-action off of it, or versatile quick pass plays to add would be great.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:17 AM   #78
Banned

Try email. I don't have a cpu on a regular basis.

Thanks again
Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macc24usc
This is a great thread. Hopefully I have time over the weekend to tweak a Pro-Style with some of the newer formations the game added. I find the new(er) plays blocking assignments work much better. So while most of those plays are in Pistol or Shotgun/Wing sets, I'm going to make my concept a Pro-Style West Coast offense with some Spread Concepts ala Steve Sarkisian's IRL.

I have a year 4 OD I have built Colorado into a power, so I have the recruiting prowess to make it work and will use this team as my basis for the playbook. I will try and get it up this weekend and post some of my key players ratings to have an idea who to target when recruiting if you're like me and love Pro Style with Spread mixed in.

This would be even better for defense. I have a heck of a time stopping users short passing game and sometimes run game. I could use more suggestions on defense than on offense as I find offense is a unique style, defensive play calling is more of a grey area.
I also enjoy playing a more pro style offense. Would you mind sharing what you came up with?
Old 09-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #80
Rookie

I am looking for a balanced shotgun playbook. I don't like playing under center at all but still want to keep some balance between the run and pass. Would like a few option, screens and play action plays to mix it up.

Does anyone have a playbook like this they can share? Or let me know which playbook in the game would be similar to this? Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »