Home

Will Madden Sales be Lowered Due to NCAA Cancellation?

This is a discussion on Will Madden Sales be Lowered Due to NCAA Cancellation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Will Madden Sales be Lowered Due to NCAA Cancellation?

Hey everyone. Simple question...

Do you think the Madden sales will be affected by the cancelatin of NCAA football? I know The only reason I got Madden was to export my players to the draft, but with no more NCAA, I dont really see the point. Not to mention Madden 25 was probably the worst next gen game I've played in a while. Let me know what ya think

EDIT: Not bashing madden 25, but I mean the game was just so buggy and slow and just clunky overall. Features had been taken out that had been in place a decade ago and I honestly think they are taking us for a ride. BUT! That is obviously my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own!

Last edited by grabursock55; 07-02-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Will Madden Sales be Lowered Due to NCAA Cancellation?

Madden sales will probably increase. It's really the only football game in town now. I haven't played Madden seriously since Marshall Faulk was on the cover but i may think of getting it this year because there is no NCAA game.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #3
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

yea if anything NCAA was the beneficiary of an NFL game that classes were importable too. There are more NFL fans than college football fans, and for some the only reason they would buy NCAA is to get the realish draft classes for the first 4 years.

When I first started buying NCAA years ago it was for that reason. The past few years, and especially this year, is when I realized that NCAA was the far superior football game and I don't play madden anymore

EDIT: And like the guy above me said, some will buy madden now because there is no NCAA and they want their football fix. So even if they do lose some buyers because there is no NCAA (though it would be a pretty small and insignificant # when it comes to the big picture anyway) they will make up that loss in sales from people who buy because it is now the only football game
Old 07-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #4
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

In my opinion sales won't go down. Actually they'll go up. Only football game on next gen. I stopped playing Madden after 10 because I thought it went in the toilet which then I got heavy into NCAA. Loved it. But now that it's gone I'll eventually go back to Madden because sooner or later NCAA on last gen will feel too dated to me but I think I'll still be heavy into '14 for the next couple years. Then who knows maybe NCAA is back...? Hopeful.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

I would think that it would increase sales, but in my opinion, I don't think it will break any records for sales. 120 something college teams compared to 32 NFL teams makes a huge difference. The traditions, the atmosphere, the unique college football stadiums are more exciting to me. I personally find the NFL boring at times. I have never played Madden but I might give it a try now. I'm not very excited about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #6
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
I would think that it would increase sales, but in my opinion, I don't think it will break any records for sales. 120 something college teams compared to 32 NFL teams makes a huge difference. The traditions, the atmosphere, the unique college football stadiums are more exciting to me. I personally find the NFL boring at times. I have never played Madden but I might give it a try now. I'm not very excited about it.
Couldn't agree more. Madden will more than likely increase for those football fans that need a football game every year, like me. However, I bought NCAA, not Madden. Haven't touched a Madden game since 09 and I probably won't start now. I agree with everything you said about college and the NFL.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 07-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

There are more NFL fans than college football fans, and for some the only reason they would buy NCAA is to get the realish draft classes for the first 4 years.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #8
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Like others have said, if anything it will increase. I personally haven't considered buying madden for the last 8 years because I loved NCAA football and for the first time in 8 years I'm actually considering buying madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »