Home

Today, July 7, 2014, would have been Release Date Eve

This is a discussion on Today, July 7, 2014, would have been Release Date Eve within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Today, July 7, 2014, would have been Release Date Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ

Get online while you still can, while the servers are still up, and play. Enjoy NCAA for what it is. Eventually it will fade into memory, like all the other sports games we used to have.

I've been online for the past 10 minutes on Xbox 360, and just cannot find a game. Join quick match, nothing. Then I created a session and waiting and waiting. I'm wondering if the servers are still up, but if they weren't, I wouldn't have gotten to the team select screen.

EDIT: finally got a game, took 10 minutes, but at least I got one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 10:46 PM   #26
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I've held on to myu 360 despite being "full time" on the PS4 since launch.

I was going to trade it in today....but honestly...I might have to hook it back up and redownload NCAA 14 with new rosters.

Just too hard to officially let it go.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #27
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

I was just thinking yesterday that it was the day that NCAA Football normally released. Great memories! I used to take two weeks of vacation in mid-July (back when I had a job that gave me four weeks of vacation). I did it in large part because of the release of NCAA Football. I would go to a midnight release or to Wal-Mart and get the game, then come home and kick the tires a bit. For the next two weeks, I hoped it would rain so I didn't feel TOO guilty about staying inside playing NCAA Football. Great times starting up new dynasties or playing a few familiar rivals online. It feels like a significant part of my life ended when the franchise ended.

I won't be getting a PS4, because NCAA is the only game I played with any regularity. I would pick up Madden most years, but often it would just collect dust. I played a few series of last year's Madden after buying it for the Sunday Ticket option, but never even played a full half. If I need my Madden fix, I may just bust out that game. I will be playing NCAA '14 for the foreseeable future. It was a pretty tight game, a nice send-off. I just hope they keep up the servers so we can play online or (more important for me) upload and retrieve our in-game screenshots. I didn't play a lot this year because real life was happening (in a good way), but I still plan on working my current dynasty for a long time, and I'm only year Year 5.

One good thing: No more posts badgering roster makers for a timetable!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #28
NCAA Football 13 Technical Director

OVR: 3

:-(
Old 07-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #29
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones
I went to Borders on Sunday and bought the Lindy's 2014 College Football preview. After reading it and reading about all of this year's top players and teams, it really made me eager to play NCAA 2015.

Then I realized there is no NCAA 2015.

Them feels brah

Old 07-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #30
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

NCAA is the only sports game I've purchased every year since I started college (2002). I still have every version sitting around somewhere.....Pretty bummed. If NCAA doesn't come back, FIFA will have to try and fill the void, but there was something about NCAA that just made me excited.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 07-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #31
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

For ever I was always an NFL guy and because of that, a Madden guy but things changed for me in the summer of '08 when I bought a ps3 and needed a football fix bad so with another month to go before Madden came out I thought, what the heck, lets get NCAA... From that day I became an huge NCAA football fan.......but not just of the game. The game actually got me more into real life NCAA football. I think to the point now where I may just love collegiate football more than the NFL....Although I still love the Cowboys to death.

But like someone already mentioned, I would be or have already picked up preseason magazines, Lindy's, Athlon, Steele's etc. and I would read cover to cover to scout the next team(s) to go with in my NCAA Dynasty.... Sadly it won't be the same this year. Sure the people on here will put out great, up to date rosters for '14 but I'm still left feeling what could have been. What should have been.... *sigh*...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #32
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

Amazing memories all. Thanks for sharing them and thanks for all your support of the series throughout the years.

Follow me on Twitter: CMcLeod_EA https://twitter.com/CMcLeod_EA

www.EASports.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »