Home

Frustration mounts over coaching carousel

This is a discussion on Frustration mounts over coaching carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Frustration mounts over coaching carousel

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-23-2014, 10:19 PM   #18
Rookie

I always go for the first HC job, then wait.
Problem is, if you do well as a coordinator the HC also does well, and unless it's a low school, the HC stays.

If you are at a 1-2* and do great, HC leaves, you usually get promoted.
If you are at a 4-6* and HC leaves, usually no promotion.

Although I have noticed if you are a coordinator, go to be a HC, then come back to that same school again, usually you can bump to HC if they ever leave.
I did a OC run at Missouri, left for Ohio State's HC job, 4 years later came back to Missouri as OC, then got promoted 2 years later.

HC experience definitely seems to help
Old 07-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #19
Rookie

The AI teams don't give preference towards promoting coaches from within the program. If they don't hire another team's head coach, and opt to hire a coordinator, they'll pool all coordinators and offer to the best one. Statistically, someone must have put up better than you.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtyuyping
The AI teams don't give preference towards promoting coaches from within the program. If they don't hire another team's head coach, and opt to hire a coordinator, they'll pool all coordinators and offer to the best one. Statistically, someone must have put up better than you.

I also don't think it's just put up better in 1 year then you, but a combination.

A 27 OC will probably always beat out a 14 OC. For the most part
Old 08-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Keep in mind that anytime you edit ANYTHING on a coach, their current XP progress towards the next level gets reset to 0. If you've got a coach with 20,000 XP closing in on the next level, you're really screwing that coach if you don't wait until they level before editing them.
Great point. I can't believe I forgot to mention that. I only make edits to my coach right after you upgrade a level b/c as Jello said, you will lose any points you have built up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »