Home

Which NCAA Football game is the best??

This is a discussion on Which NCAA Football game is the best?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #33
Rookie

BadgerGirl's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Which NCAA Football game is the best??

Still playing 12' have bought 13' and 14' thinking about starting one of those this fall.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #34
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

14 to me is the pinnacle version. Not perfect but I think gameplay was best of any version.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:39 AM   #35
Just started!

OVR: 0

I went ahead and ordered 14 used from Gamefly for $20. What psn do I search for to viprunescape download the 2013-2014 rosters? I see ppl are creating this year roster so in the meantime I'll play road to glory and tune sliders.I use pretty much the same thing except lowered User QB accuracy to 5 *Since I am the QB), raised CPU pass coverage to 40.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmslapped
I liked 11 and 14 the best
NCAA 11 is the most underrated version of the series because outside of the lack of scrambling QB's the gameplay had sliders that worked to perfection damn near.

The CPU could and would run the ball on your *** in NCAA 11 with edited sliders and this was even on Varsity level.

NCAA 14 is the best game in the series in terms of having player tendencies finally work the way they did back on the old PS2 systems....

NCAA 06 (PS2) is still the KING of all NCAA games IMO....Everything in that game was great at the time. I loved and miss the SI Covers EA used each week.

Home Field advantage and IMPACT Players were huge in that game....yes it was kind of over done but still once your team got rattled or the opposing team got rattled it was freaking awesome watching them struggle or fight their way back into games.

IMPACT Players would into RAMBO mode even for the CPU team and it was corny to watch but also fun as hell to see them take over games once they got that flashing or pulsing star under them lit up LOL!

I think all other versions were just EA being lazy and capitalizing on previous versions of the game to drive sales because there were very actual gameplay enhancements made beyond those 3 years.

NCAA 13 did have the beautiful pre game rituals and stadium music you could add to the immersion factor. But I never thought that much of the actual gameplay on the field.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-10-2014, 02:21 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm voting for 11, just picked it back up tonight for $4. Your post Playmakers reminded me of the slider set I had come up with back then that I LOVED, and I threw it in tonight and it was a BLAST!!! Wide open college style gameplay, but still had defenses standing tall and field position was key....and there were honest to goodness PENALTIES!! Playing NCAA 14 for so long, I forgot what that was like. I played Alabama vs Auburn, and several times there were driving killing penalties that cost both teams points. I ended up winning 20-13 on a touchdown pass with just over a minute to go in the game, it was awesome. I'm a Bama fan, my wife is an Auburn fan, and we were both yelling at the TV through the whole game...she even commented that the game was playing so realistic, it looked like how they play in real life.

If you get a chance, check these sliders out if you decide to get 11 and let me know what you think.

Look for my post mid-way down:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...liders-10.html
Old 08-10-2014, 02:29 AM   #38
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

ncaa 06 is the best in my opinion
Old 08-10-2014, 02:31 AM   #39
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

did anyone like ncaa 10
Old 08-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Yeah, you have to go back nearly a decade and 2 generations ago to 2006. Features that were in video games on the PS1 & PS2 never made it to the PS3 version. EA is pretty bad. I'm so glad they aren't putting out another crappy college game this year. I don't have to spend hours trying to fix an unfixable game with sliders only to come to the conclusion the game is broken beyond repair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »