Home

College Players "Want Their Game Back"

This is a discussion on College Players "Want Their Game Back" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #9
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

OVR: 0
Ya, there prb won't be a NCAA Football 16, but I can see them creating the game behind closed doors until this likeness mess gets straightened out, then adding the schools and players real quick. Pretty cool that we are going to get real NCAA players now. Hopefully they will put out a basketball game too.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
To me its all a bunch of horse ****. Its a mf video game for christ sake.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: College Players "Want Their Game Back"

i think 2019 at the earliest because they will be 2 3 4 appelis

but if is ps4 and xbox1 only maybe we can get full fbs and full fcs teams
who knows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 08:17 PM   #12
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4ntherBe4r
Is it possible to have a NCAA football 15?
Not unless they have been developing it behind closed doors.

The earliest we'll see a new game is for the '16 cycle, even if the votes were to go down quickly and everything were to be approved the earlies they could get next-gen game out would be sometime in the spring, which at that point you might as well spend the rest of the time developing and release it in July.

As for the charge that a game could not be successful with only the Power 5... If the customization aspect that they wanted to include for College Football 15 were included that part of the game could easily be outsourced to the fans (much like we handled the creation of FCS teams, and naming rosters for community use). And that is a scenario in which only the Power-5 would strike a deal to be included in the game (plenty of smaller schools would be more than willing to have themselves included). The reason why there isn't an NCAA 15 largely has to do with the leap to Next Gen; they were going to have to develop a new game for Next Gen consoles, if all they had to do was create a new iteration for PS3/360 they would have done so even without Ohio State (the team rumored to have been missing), and the exclusion of the Pac-12 licensing and B1G licensing (they still had the SEC for one more year thanks to the way the contract was structured that prevented them from pulling there licensing from '15 even though they wanted to). They were basically going to have to spend a lot of resources creating a new game that would only be released once and then shelved for the likely future (its hypothetical that they could have made money off of the first entry on PS4/XB1, but odds are they would be counting on future releases to make the time and money spent on developing new assets for next-gen worth it).

The NCAA franchise was a winning proposition for the schools involved (even if they were to split the money they received for licensing with the players), it wasn't until they were possibly facing litigation in relation to granting player likenesses that schools started to pull out. EA and the schools were put in a hard place thanks to the structure of the NCAA, they can't compensate the players without violating NCAA rules, schools would still sign on if they had to split up the money with their student athletes.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
I would love to see the NCAA develop a Basketball and Football franchise again, there's a hell of a lot that can be done through it, I mean nothing would be better than continous saves throughout years as well. You can develop your player in the NCAA version of the game, carry him over to the Pro version and carry on from there. They're the only two major sports that rely on a "training ground" quite like the NBA and the NFL, college sports are on another level but literally remain important for just these two
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

This is some good news...hopefully we really will see NCAA 16!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #15
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I woould be ok with the P5 teams in with real rosters and the Go5 with generic rosters, since it seems like the Go5 wouldn't be allowed to have their players get paid
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #16
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This is some good news...hopefully we really will see NCAA 16!!
LoL if we open this box be prepared for high expectations. I would like to see another college football game, it's probably the game I want to see the most just because of everything that comes with college football. I'm gonna chill tho I don't want to get to excited lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »