Home

Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

This is a discussion on Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

Here some ridiculous stats I've achieved over the years. I'll label them 'legit' or 'cheesed' depending if they happened straight up or if they were inflated.

Some Bear DE - 11 Sacks in One Game (Legit)
This was on some old Madden franchise. Probably '06, '07, or '08. I played it on All-Madden, as I do all my franchises. I remember having a straight man at DE, probably a 97 overall, but can't remember his name. Apparently, the Panthers (who I played) lost their tackle and the back up for some reason was a tight end who was like a 38 overall at the position. RIP whoever tf their QB was.

2017 Tennessee Volunteers - 10,000 Yards of Offense and 60.9 Points Per Game (Legit)
Played on NCAA 14 with Heisman AND sliders. I'm a great recruiter and my offense was so loaded that it wasn't funny. Most of this was because of a certain player whom will be seen later in the list. I didn't run any scores up either. I simmed defense which caused tons of high scoring games. Went 14-0 with 5,000 passing and rushing yards each.

Sean Davis - His Career (Legit)
Apart of the Vols above, this man was the most dominant player I've ever played with. Before I give his stats and awards, he only played two seasons (had a redshirt) in college. As a RUNNING BACK, he accumulated 10,000 yards in two seasons. 5,200 rushing yards, 2,000 receiving yards, and 3,000 return yards. Scoring right over 110 total touchdowns (73 rushing, 31 receiving, 9 returning). Won all the offensive awards, two first team all-american bids, and of course, two Heismans. Not to mention never losing a game in his two years.

AJ McCarron - 1,300 Passing Yards and 14 TDs in one game (Cheesed)
Not as cheesed as you'd think. I played my friend in a normal exhibition on all-american and 6 minute quarters. It quickly became a shoot out so we both just turned to deep pass after deep pass. It was actually a close game, combining for over 2,000 total yards of offense between both sides.

Champ Bailey - INT TD on Ruptured Achilles (Legit)
I don't remember which Madden this occurred, but I won't forget about it. Apparently there was a glitch that allowed you to keep players in even with injuries that were as major as a career ender. It was the AFC Championship in a franchise with the Broncos. He went down, and I put him back in whenever I got the message (without looking at his injury). He still covered well enough for me not to pay attention. Late in the game he had a jumped slant that went 70 some yards back. He held his leg in a weird way, but was still fast. After the game I realized he was done and sure enough, he retired.

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 04:23 AM   #26
Rookie

41isLEGEND's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
Hail Mary's worked so well in NCAA 12 they were almost a cheat.
Really? For some reason it would either get batted down or intercepted
Old 08-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #27
MVP

Toupal's Arena

I had a 6'0 190LB ATH who has a speed of 99.
Clearly he was meant to be a running back or wide receiver, but ater toggling through positions for him to play, I saw he was rated a 99 overall at DE. Needless to say, I had a very fun four years with that guy.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Clearly he was meant to be a running back or wide receiver, but ater toggling through positions for him to play, I saw he was rated a 99 overall at DE. Needless to say, I had a very fun four years with that guy.
Sounds like an extreme version of Bruce Irvin haha

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Old 08-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #29
Rookie

It was 2018 and I was playing with my miami hurricanes we were undefeated with one of the greatest offenses of all time with all time school record holders at QB HB and WR our running back won the heisman this year anyway with one game left we played 2 win Pittsburgh and our offense was struggling the score was 13-7 with about 15 seconds left we need a first down to win its 3rd and one and our heisman winning running back fumbled the ball on about our own 45 yard line and then Pitt would score on a hail Mary the next play crushing our national title dreams 13-14 the game is still number one on my instant classics and I think about I every time I see that screen
Old 08-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #30
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

I have a guy similar to yours but not quite that small. When I took over as the HC at Georgia in my 7th year of my dynasty on NCAA 14 I had a 6'3" 235lbs athlete name Will Mooney that was in the recruiting class for the year I took over. I needed him to play linebacker as I had 6 of the 7 on my roster were graduating. When I got to the "change position" section of the offseason I moved him to OLB where he was a 77ovr, which is great but I decided to move him around to see if he was better suited else where. At DE he was an 81ovr which made me think for a minute. I decided to leave him at the SAM spot but since I run a lot of nickel(2-4-5) and 4-2-5 I formation subbed him at DE like many college teams will do.

He is now in his senior year, I though he would have left after his junior year, and he is the NCAA record holder for sacks in a season and career. The guy is so quick off the line but if the left tackle can get a hand on him he gets stopped so easy. The guy is now a 99ovr and looking like a lock as a 1st round pick. He is so fun to play with.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #31
Rookie

I had a winning streak going on in NCAA12 for some ten years. Facing the Hurricanes, my team went into the 4th with a decent lead, but a series of fumbles that shouldn't have happened let them back in. One of them was with the game almost over and me just running the ball to get a first and spend the game clock. Miami drove down to within the ten but got tackled in bounds. They managed to get up to the line and with only 2-3 seconds left they got a false start penalty. In real life the game would have ended, as the clock was running and a penalty on the offense results in a ten second runoff, but in NCAA they ran another play with time stopped, allowing them to change to the ideal formation, and scored a TD, beating me. I figured if that's what the game needed to do to give me a loss, then it was about time anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was in an online dynasty with my brother and cousin in NCAA 13.

I believe my cousin was Arkansas St and he was playing against Alabama. He told us the whole story, but I don't remember exactly how it all went down, but I'll do my best to tell the main part of the story.

He pretty much had no defense the whole game but managed a small comeback at the end of a shootout. He made a huge play within the last minute or two of the game and on the way to the end zone for the "go ahead" score he decided it would be a good idea to run out of bounds at the 1 and run a little clock since he could not slow their offense down and didn't have the confidence to hold them from going down and scoring. I believe he got stuffed on every play and ended up turning the ball over on downs and lost the game.

With that being said, my brother and I never let him forget his great game management skills. I believe we had a family Thanksgiving the day of the OSU-MICH game last year and of course was watching that game go back and forth as both teams put up a lot of offense, and of course one of the teams scored late with a little time left and so we got to bring up how much better of an idea it would have been to run out of bounds instead of scoring and run some clock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »