Home

Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

This is a discussion on Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

I was recently playing Madden '12 (My favorite Madden). I was doing the usual rebuilding my Bills and used my #1 Draft Pick to draft DT Devon Stills out of Penn State (Imported) and the dude walked in at a 99 overall.

So it just brought up good memories of insane players, games, etc. that have happened in all my years of playing NCAA and Madden. The other ones that comes off the top of my head is when I had 60 point comeback against Rice as Texas Tech on NCAA '09 and a player who ran for more than 10,000 Yards in his career (God Bless the read option).

What's some memorable players, games, moments, etc. you guys have had?

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Most Outrageous NCAA/Madden Stories

I had a DE at USC in NCAA 99 with 99 in most categories as a senior, thanks to wacky player development.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
Rookie

I bought Madden 12 solely to continue the careers of my NCAA 12 dynasty players. I had made a custom team and I simmed 4 years into the future on Madden so I didn't start actually playing until the year my players came out. I knew I wanted to draft a lot of them so I traded draft picks from drafts before and ended up owning most of the top 10 draft picks. I drafted most of the best players from my college, who were also outstanding NFL prospects, in the first. I actually picked up a steal of a player in the fourth round, a scat back that I knew was more of a receiver. I converted the player, who was actually myself, to a WR, with the same ratings with minor changes to offset the position switch. Lo and behold, my small but lightning quick receiver that never makes outstanding catches but never drops a pass either ended up with two 100 catch seasons.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:44 AM   #4
Just started!

yes,my small but lightning quick receiver that never makes outstanding catches but never drops a pass either ended up with two 100 catch seasons.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
Just started!

thanks to wacky player development.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

So I'm on an 8 win streak between my roommates on NCAA, after 5 games I was banned from using LSU. So I started switching between USC and The Ohio State. This match up turned out to be Oregon vs. Ohio State. I go in an try to run and gun with my roommate, but he scores nearly every time on me. However I found a way to stop him a few times and get a 10 point lead on him in the 4th. Well, he plays scores to make it a 3 point lead for me. No big deal, I'll run the clock with a few minutes left. He ends up stacking the box on me and I audible to a deep pass. Bad choice. Pick 6. He's up 4 now. Now I'm in the two minute drill and I get to around the 50 with 8 seconds left. My other roommate was freaking out because he knew it was the end of my reign. I go Hail Mary and toss it up to the endzone, it gets tipped and goes to another receiver and I win the game. Sadly I couldn't save any highlights or keep it as an ESPN classic because he quickly removed his controller and the room, freezing up my system. Oh well, that was a fun game.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswenskie
So I'm on an 8 win streak between my roommates on NCAA, after 5 games I was banned from using LSU. So I started switching between USC and The Ohio State. This match up turned out to be Oregon vs. Ohio State. I go in an try to run and gun with my roommate, but he scores nearly every time on me. However I found a way to stop him a few times and get a 10 point lead on him in the 4th. Well, he plays scores to make it a 3 point lead for me. No big deal, I'll run the clock with a few minutes left. He ends up stacking the box on me and I audible to a deep pass. Bad choice. Pick 6. He's up 4 now. Now I'm in the two minute drill and I get to around the 50 with 8 seconds left. My other roommate was freaking out because he knew it was the end of my reign. I go Hail Mary and toss it up to the endzone, it gets tipped and goes to another receiver and I win the game. Sadly I couldn't save any highlights or keep it as an ESPN classic because he quickly removed his controller and the room, freezing up my system. Oh well, that was a fun game.
Wow I've never completed a legit hail mary pass that had the game on the line i'd be salty too lol

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Old 07-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Something I've seen before, but not to this extent happened just recently:

We've all had the WR drop a pass and it ricochets to the defense, who scoops it off the tips of the grass, right?

I had that happen with the same WR in consecutive games. Usually for me, it's been on crossing patterns, and the 1st one of these was. But the second one was on a streak and it was just comical how the ricochet angled back towards the defender.

Anyway, never had it happen in consecutive games, much less the same guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »