Home

Judge Rules In Favor of O'Bannon, NCAA Violates Anti-Trust Law

This is a discussion on Judge Rules In Favor of O'Bannon, NCAA Violates Anti-Trust Law within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Judge Rules In Favor of O'Bannon, NCAA Violates Anti-Trust Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Doubt we see the game again.

EA isn't emotionally connected to making a college game like we are to playing it.
EA is emotionally connected to making money, though, and if they think they can make a decent profit they'll make the game again. They may even be able to license the actual players and use their names and likenesses instead of making generic players with similar skillsets to the real players. That would make the game more attractive to the average gamer who doesn't want to edit names or import rosters, he just wants to play with Jameis Winston at QB for FSU.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #74

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk76
EA is emotionally connected to making money, though, and if they think they can make a decent profit they'll make the game again.
Plenty of other games they can make to turn a profit.

My only point was that some seem to think it's a given the game will come back when NCAA always played second fiddle to Madden. Unless they see a HUGE potential for profit they will have no need to make the game again.

Not sure that a game done without some teams or with or without some players is going to be very appeasing.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #75
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

Quote:

My only point was that some seem to think it's a given the game will come back when NCAA always played second fiddle to Madden. Unless they see a HUGE potential for profit they will have no need to make the game again.

Not sure that a game done without some teams or with or without some players is going to be very appeasing.
With the new college football playoff system, there might be enough excitement generated to peak EA's interest; and make a college football game that much more lucrative.

Who wouldn't pay for a highly customizable game, containing the power 5 conferences and a playoff system in dynasty mode. TeamBuilder could end up being NCAA Football's saving grace - need the ability to save teams locally and about 75 TB import slots in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #76
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Judge Rules In Favor of O'Bannon, NCAA Violates Anti-Trust Law

Quote:

Ea higher ups have been quoted as saying they are interested in bringing the game back once the likeness issues are resolved.

Last edited by aholbert32; 08-10-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #77
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

I always wondered if it would be possible to integrate NCAA with Madden- one football game. I imagine it would be tough to get 120+ FBS teams plus NFL teams, but the 5 power conferences + NFL might be more manageable.

Don't get me wrong, I want every team in the game. I enjoy playing with Temple as much as I enjoy playing with Florida, but it just seems inevitable the "Big 5" will be doing their own thing at some point in the future.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 1

Possible yes, but I doubt they'd want to pay for both licenses and only sell one game.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #79
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't care how profitable a company is, $80M is nothing to blink at and walk away. An investor in the company would be VERY interested in plans to resume the franchise. Also, EA uses NCAAFB to experiment new features with which provides an extra benefit to the studio.

Last edited by Cam Fan; 08-10-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #80
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I will tell you this: high customization flew out the window when the judge ruled against Electronic Arts. There is no way they want to go down that road again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »