Home

The AI just refuses to run the ball

This is a discussion on The AI just refuses to run the ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #9
Rookie

cms186's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The AI just refuses to run the ball

I dont want "Smashmouth football", id just like reasonably balanced play-calling! i guess i'll just have to keep fiddling with the sliders, but it sure isnt 50/50 right now
Old 08-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #10
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Above stated that 50/50 isn't exactly the best ratio to get as much running as you want. Try bumping the run ratio up more to get your desired outcome.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #11
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms186
I dont want "Smashmouth football", id just like reasonably balanced play-calling! i guess i'll just have to keep fiddling with the sliders, but it sure isnt 50/50 right now
Do you currently attend Baylor?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo
Playmakers, you think we could potentially start a thread to determine the coaching sliders for all teams as well as setting their run/pass ratio? That way we could get others involved in figuring out the best setting for coaches to get the desired play style.
This would be a good subject to place in Charter's NCAA wiki thread on the sliders boards.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ories-faq.html

As for the coaching sliders and play calling of the CPU...the best reference IMO to go by would be Phil Steele's Colloge Football Magazines.

It has so much in depth detail on Run/Pass Rations for each program ..

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 08-23-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
Rookie

cms186's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaRicky
Do you currently attend Baylor?
No, im English
Old 08-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #14
Rookie

kmorton's Arena

Create your own playbooks and "balance" the number of run plays and pass plays. I have a set of custom playbooks that work really well. For instance, if you want a team to run the ball a lot, each formation should have at least 2 more run plays than pass plays. For a balanced attack, having the same number of pass and run plays for each formation does the trick. I think part of the problem is that so many of the formations default to maybe 5 run plays and 15-20 pass plays (especially shotgun stuff) and the computer favors the type of play that dominates the formation.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #15
Rookie

cms186's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmorton
Create your own playbooks and "balance" the number of run plays and pass plays. I have a set of custom playbooks that work really well. For instance, if you want a team to run the ball a lot, each formation should have at least 2 more run plays than pass plays. For a balanced attack, having the same number of pass and run plays for each formation does the trick. I think part of the problem is that so many of the formations default to maybe 5 run plays and 15-20 pass plays (especially shotgun stuff) and the computer favors the type of play that dominates the formation.
worth a try
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #16
Rookie

It seems to me that while most teams throw the ball an overexaggerated amount, there are still some teams that run the ball, so it must depend on the coach. I was playing Vandy last night as Georgia and they absolutely drove the ball down my throat out of singleback, I, and shotgun. There primary ball carrier ran for well over 200 yards and as a team with their backup RB and QB they were near 300. The QB was under 50%, but the AI did a nice job keeping me off balance and I just didn't have an answer for them, they found what was working and stuck with it. It shocked me that the AI did this, but was representative of what a good coach would do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »