Home

Best play you've seen in NCAA series?

This is a discussion on Best play you've seen in NCAA series? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #9
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Best play you've seen in NCAA series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
That's awesome, I love plays like that. I agree, I see some crazy stuff, but the physics engine makes it to where you never see the exact same thing twice. The big plays really shine. I am obsessed the further I get into the game.
I still wanna see that video.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

The most spectacular looking play I've seen came in a Tennessee Dynasty of mine. We were playing in the SEC Championship against Alabama. On the first drive down, I made it to around the 30. They held us to fourth down, but I was going for blood as my kicker was pretty awful too. My QB broke a sack with the ducking animation and scrambled left. My QB was a 99 overall, Heisman candidate, and had 99 throw power. He threw back across his body to the back right of the endzone. A true freshman receiver (high 70s overall), who was only in because of fatigue, leaped up and palmed the ball with one hand with his waist over the defender. It looked like he high fived the ball and then landed on his head for the TD. I had it on my phone, but since deleted it.

Another great play came in the Beef O'Brady's bowl in my teambuilder dynasty. With time running out it was 2nd and goal and Pitt was about to put the game out of reach. My linebacker, who was an all-american, blitzed up the middle and I also hit square to leap into the quarterback. This allowed my linebacker to just lay the **** out of their QB and causing him to fumble. Similar to the famous Clowney hit-recovery, he got the ball while getting up and sprinted down the field to tie the game. I still lost on a field goal one minute later haha.

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story
Old 09-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #11
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6

I finally pulled off the WR throwback to QB screen last night and it made me very happy since Mississippi State has run this play a few times.

The first few times I tried it, the WR got annihilated as soon as he got the ball from the QB due to my OL pulling out for the screen and the DL just running straight through. Last night, however I called it at the right time and had just enough time for the WR to get the ball, take a couple of steps, then throw it back to my QB who was wide open with a convoy of OL leading the way to the end zone.

Last edited by TomSellecksMustache; 09-18-2014 at 12:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

My favorite play is probably when I ran a punt back for a touchdown twice in one play on NCAA 13. I was playing a buddy of mine, and the score wasn't really close (typically our games are neck and neck, but this one got out of hand and I was up like 31-7 in the fourth) He punts to me and I get the ball at my 30 yard line. Pull a spin move and I'm off the to the races. But, when I was about to walk into the endzone, I decided I wouldnt run up the score, but rather run back towards my own endzone. I managed to actually get back to my own endzone without getting tackled. I then decided with nowhere to go, might as well try running it back again. This time I went 100 yards and still got by his entire team and put the ball in the endzone. Realistic? Not really. Funny? Absolutely.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm mainly a CPU vs. CPU guy. Back on 07, I was watching Vanderbilt @ Pittsburgh. Fourth quarter, both teams trade the lead in the final 2 minutes of the game. Pitt goes ahead, but Vandy storms back ahead!

Pittsburgh gets the ball with 0:55 left, but eventually they're left with 0:04, and they're one big Hail Mary away from winning (about 70-75 yards away). The snap... QB #3 drops back...he scoots his way up...he throws the ball downfield, and it's caught!!! Nobody in between the receiver and the end zone!!! Pittsburgh wins!!!!!

I've also had my team return a kickoff for a GW touchdown in the bowl game.

My funniest play was when Purdue QB Danny Etling got sacked...or so I thought! (Infinity engine) Rutgers defense tackles Danny, but he's on top of a defender! He gets back up, scoots forward and throws a touchdown pass (like, a 20-25 yarder)!!!
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 09-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #14
Pro

jmac7164's Arena

OVR: 0

It was my second game in the road to glory on 2012. i was the HB and we started at the 16 yard line i was passed to in the back field i spun around the DE and started running up field. the OLB was in front of me and i trucked through him and was now at the 35 then their was 2 DB's s i cut inside And cut past one and the other was blocked by a WR. Then another DB is their i cut past him but have to break the tackle at the 50 i have a wide open field with on DB chasing me. I keep going and i am hit at the 13 yard line and i FUMBLED!!!!! The DB grabs the ball and takes back for a TD and trucked my QB leaving him Injured. i was so mad and i didnt play the rest of the game and was move from the #1 HB to the #2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »