Home

Defensive 2 point return?

This is a discussion on Defensive 2 point return? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2004, 12:47 PM   #1
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10
Defensive 2 point return?

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but here goes:

I'm playing Miami (#17) vs. Texas (#1) in year 3 of my dynasty, my team being the 'Canes. I'm totally harassing their pass defense with Bryce Singleton ( my 2nd stringer, Kyle Wright got in jured in the first game for 8 weeks) and knock the board 31-12 in favor of me. At about 2:30 left, they score on a bomb just right over my defender on single coverage and then attempt to go for the two. I, of course, pick Goal Line- Fire Gaps, I'm bringing it in hard.

Texas tries to run a play action but to no avail they fumble. The ball bounces around until my star sophomore LB Josh Hackett picks up the fumble. Now I was thinking the play was gonna be dead with the words popping up saying "2 point conversion failed," but instead he returns it the length of the field and scores and and the words "Defensive 2-point return" pops up. It's now 33-19 and I hold off the #1 team in the nation to the chants "Over-Rated."

Has anyone ever had this before? I've been playing since the release and sadly enough this is my first time experiencing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #2
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Defensive 2 point return?

It better be in the game. I was present for the longest to 2pt return in college history a 108 yd int return during a DIV II game about 10 years ago.
Old 03-30-2004, 02:55 PM   #3
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah a turnover on a 2pt try in college is a live ball while in the NFL the play is dead. Now there has even been an instance of where the defense got a to then happened to fumble themselves immediately after, having the ball roll out of the endzone giving the kicking team 1 pt for a safety.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Mississippi State did that to Texas A&M a few years ago in overtime in the Independence Bowl to seal the coffin on them. The XP was blocked and one of the MSU defenders took it back the length of the field, something like 95 yards. Anyone remember that?
Old 04-01-2004, 10:59 AM   #5
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

alienreb said:
Mississippi State did that to Texas A&M a few years ago in overtime in the Independence Bowl to seal the coffin on them. The XP was blocked and one of the MSU defenders took it back the length of the field, something like 95 yards. Anyone remember that?

Wasnt that the one where it was snowing like 4 inches? I think I remember that. Kinda weird seeing Snow in Louisiana.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
Pro

agte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

elicoleman said:
Quote:

alienreb said:

Wasnt that the one where it was snowing like 4 inches? I think I remember that. Kinda weird seeing Snow in Louisiana.

Yeah, that's the one...I wish I could have played a game in that weather...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »