Home

CPU QBs run the ball way too much

This is a discussion on CPU QBs run the ball way too much within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 5
Re: CPU QBs run the ball way too much

Well, I tested by lowering the carry rating for the QB and that had no effect.

Next I decided to change the playbook of both the HC and OC for Oregon to Alabama's and then USC's offense where the QBs get very few carries in a game. Again no change Mariota carried 22 times for Alabama and 18 times for USC.

BallinVol mentioned changing the QB from Scrambler to Balanced so I will try that out next.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:17 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

im wondering if it is tied to whoever your impact player is on offense.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #11
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
He's not talking about scrambling. He's talking about QBs keeping it on options.

QB tendency has nothing to do with that.
Ahh I misread it. The problem with the options and QB's keeping it is the read man more times than not keys on the RB. It seems they crash down way too often. Unfortunately there isn't some sort of adaptive AI with this game. I really wish there was because this would up the replay value tremendously!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Ahh I misread it. The problem with the options and QB's keeping it is the read man more times than not keys on the RB. It seems they crash down way too often. Unfortunately there isn't some sort of adaptive AI with this game. I really wish there was because this would up the replay value tremendously!
Perhaps increasing Awareness for the Defensive Back - or perhaps increasing Play Recognition for the Defensive Back - would possibly move the DB's actions to more of a balanced approach against Options.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #13
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
Perhaps increasing Awareness for the Defensive Back - or perhaps increasing Play Recognition for the Defensive Back - would possibly move the DB's actions to more of a balanced approach against Options.
I think I would test the Play Recognition before I did the Awareness. I feel that if Awareness is raised too high on defense, that things become a bit too inorganic, whereas if you raised Play Recognition, it should only affect their ability to read the play.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #14
Rookie

ray52ray27's Arena

OVR: 0

I definitely agree with you
Old 10-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 5

Of course this is what really makes the game so frustrating at times. I've been playing this game for years and it is always a struggle to get realistic results.

I will up the play recognition and awareness on a couple of teams and see if that makes an impact.

If that is the case then a complete roster overhaul would be next, followed by lingering issues as freshman are recruited and start to play.

We'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #16
Rookie

NDNathan's Arena

OVR: 3

Did you try playing more zone, or using a QB spy more often? Thought I'd throw the obvious strategy adjustments out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »