Home

My custom playbook 5 Wide Shotgun Spread Attack Writup.

This is a discussion on My custom playbook 5 Wide Shotgun Spread Attack Writup. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 02:13 AM   #1
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 My custom playbook 5 Wide Shotgun Spread Attack Writup.

Ok, first off I got this idea from looking on systems and concepts that would be something not yet seen in a "video game" world that could get my offense going. Let me introduce the 5 Wide Spread Attack http://www.billrennerfootball.com/5_wide_offense.html It really did has inserted in me the offense when I watched his short video selling his offense. Basically the offense goes like this. Its all shotgun offense that works with West Coast offense principles. It shifts from 5 wide to 4 wide basic off how many is in the box and so on. It also installs a power running game and read option game from the 4 wide formation. Now my 2nd link I am going to share is http://www.topgunqbacademy.com/PDFsV...eadOffense.pdf

This link provides more in depth teaching of this offense from their stand point (Two different coaches on both links). The 2nd link goes into some Pistol formation Weak and Strong Slot formations. Add If you want. Also it provides some under center stuff which I didn't put in my custom. Its has 4 Pistol and the rest is shotgun. I will have a break down of my formations below.

Both sides provide
*Pure Shotgun offense that works with West Coast offense principles.
*Quick down hill hard nose running game.
*Create an offense that is hard to prepare for because it
is so multifaceted
*Use multiple formations and a multitude of plays
*Take what the defense gives us most all of the time

---------------------------------------------------------------------
*Madden/NCAA related info how to create the system in the game.*
First off since the new formation system is in place. I would say you would have to have the normal or dual hb package in the 5 wide to get into the 2 back and 4 wide shotgun formations. (Correct me If I am not please!) I haven't tried it out yet.

First off let me break down the runs and passes that needed to be put in

*Runs*
Counters
Dart, Read, Midline, Triple, and Speed options
Dives, Traps, and Power/HB Power
Buck Sweeps and Buck Sweep Read Option

*Pass Plays*
The only thing I can say about this is think west coast offense terms. Short passes with Switch, screens, and I did mix in shallow cross concepts.
PA Reads

*Formations*
Split Slot
Split Offset
Split Panther (pick the one has the most option plays)
Spread
Spread HB Wk
Trio (you may want to add 2 5 WR sets)
Bunch Quad
Tackle Over
Tackle Over Wk

In conclusion you may want to add sets that look alike to confuse your opposite. When I started this system I was ranked 2036 on PS3. I went 6-0 so far running this system and now ranked 636 on PS3.

Enjoy

John

Last edited by jt2000; 10-04-2014 at 03:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: My custom playbook 5 Wide Shotgun Spread Attack Writup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2000
Ok, first off I got this idea from looking on systems and concepts that would be something not yet seen in a "video game" world that could get my offense going. Let me introduce the 5 Wide Spread Attack http://www.billrennerfootball.com/5_wide_offense.html It really did has inserted in me the offense when I watched his short video selling his offense. Basically the offense goes like this. Its all shotgun offense that works with West Coast offense principles. It shifts from 5 wide to 4 wide basic off how many is in the box and so on. It also installs a power running game and read option game from the 4 wide formation. Now my 2nd link I am going to share is http://www.topgunqbacademy.com/PDFsVideo/TheMultipleWestCoastSpreadOffense.pdf.

This link provides more in depth teaching of this offense from their stand point (Two different coaches on both links). The 2nd link goes into some Pistol formation Weak and Strong Slot formations. Add If you want. Also it provides some under center stuff which I didn't put in my custom. Its has 4 Pistol and the rest is shotgun. I will have a break down of my formations below.

Both sides provide
*Pure Shotgun offense that works with West Coast offense principles.
*Quick down hill hard nose running game.
*Create an offense that is hard to prepare for because it
is so multifaceted
*Use multiple formations and a multitude of plays
*Take what the defense gives us most all of the time

---------------------------------------------------------------------
*Madden/NCAA related info how to create the system in the game.*
First off since the new formation system is in place. I would say you would have to have the normal or dual hb package in the 5 wide to get into the 2 back and 4 wide shotgun formations. (Correct me If I am not please!) I haven't tried it out yet.

First off let me break down the runs and passes that needed to be put in

*Runs*
Counters
Dart, Read, Midline, Triple, and Speed options
Dives, Traps, and Power/HB Power
Buck Sweeps and Buck Sweep Read Option

*Pass Plays*
The only thing I can say about this is think west coast offense terms. Short passes with Switch, screens, and I did mix in shallow cross concepts.
PA Reads

*Formations*
Split Slot
Split Offset
Split Panther (pick the one has the most option plays)
Spread
Spread HB Wk
Trio (you may want to add 2 5 WR sets)
Bunch Quad
Tackle Over
Tackle Over Wk

In conclusion you may want to add sets that look alike to confuse your opposite. When I started this system I was ranked 2036 on PS3. I went 6-0 so far running this system and now ranked 636 on PS3.

Enjoy

John
Always good stuff.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #3
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

OVR: 1

Always like your playbook posts.

Last edited by TarHeelbred33; 10-03-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:31 AM   #4
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Always good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelbred33
Always like your playbook posts.
Thank you both for the support. Right now I am running it with the KC on Madden 15. Its nuts with all their speed on offense. I am still trying to re-fine the playbook to have a finished custom playbook. I will keep you all updated If you want.

P.S. Both links works now.

Last edited by jt2000; 10-04-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
Rookie

psymin1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Thank you both for the support. Right now I am running it with the KC on Madden 15. Its nuts with all their speed on offense. I am still trying to re-fine the playbook to have a finished custom playbook. I will keep you all updated If you want.

P.S. Both links works now.
Can you share Custom Playbooks in NCAA 14? If so, I would love to try this out. It looks stellar. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymin1
Can you share Custom Playbooks in NCAA 14? If so, I would love to try this out. It looks stellar. Thanks.
No you cant. Only thing to do is set it up based on the formations he provided
Old 10-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #7
Banned

jt2000's Arena

Icon14 Re: My custom playbook 5 Wide Shotgun Spread Attack Writup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymin1
Thanks for the nice comments. I still adding and taking away in terms of a couple of formations and plays. I added the I-form twins, strong, and weak close formation. Really nice for a change up and I am still staying true to the offense that the 2nd link went into detail about. The strong and weak close formations confused some of the people I played this weak thinking I was running a play which I was switching a formation which made them jump off sides LOL. I took out the SG Flex Normal Weak (the one that has the two backs beside the qb.) and added the Y-Trips HB Weak and Y Trips TE Off set (I think that's name of it.) Basically same formation but, one formation has the te off the line but, here the kicker. It has different plays in the two. I will post a finally break down of the playbook soon for the NCAA guys here. Keep checking back on here.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thanks for the nice comments. I still adding and taking away in terms of a couple of formations and plays. I added the I-form twins, strong, and weak close formation. Really nice for a change up and I am still staying true to the offense that the 2nd link went into detail about. The strong and weak close formations confused some of the people I played this weak thinking I was running a play which I was switching a formation which made them jump off sides LOL. I took out the SG Flex Normal Weak (the one that has the two backs beside the qb.) and added the Y-Trips HB Weak and Y Trips TE Off set (I think that's name of it.) Basically same formation but, one formation has the te off the line but, here the kicker. It has different plays in the two. I will post a finally break down of the playbook soon for the NCAA guys here. Keep checking back on here.
Really interested in this if you can post it when you're finished. I started using your Flex Sweep playbook for Wyoming in my offline multi-team dynasty. Trying to recruit the right personnel for it currently. It's a blast to run though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »