Home

Backing up Dynasty

This is a discussion on Backing up Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Backing up Dynasty

I am really enjoying my 14 Dynasty and I am getting deeper then any franchise/Dynasty I have played. My question is I know that occasionally people have got a corrupted file and have lost their dynasty. Will occasionally saving a copy of my dynasty file to flash drive allow me to restore it in the case of corrupted file? If not is there any other suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Backing up Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
I am really enjoying my 14 Dynasty and I am getting deeper then any franchise/Dynasty I have played. My question is I know that occasionally people have got a corrupted file and have lost their dynasty. Will occasionally saving a copy of my dynasty file to flash drive allow me to restore it in the case of corrupted file? If not is there any other suggestions?
Well if you save it on a flash drive, you can extract it to your computer just for safe keeping, but i do just use my flash drive as my main save since i do playoff edition and other things on the DB Editor
Old 10-13-2014, 02:23 AM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I've never had a corrupted file, but I ALWAYS kept saved files just in case.
I keep saves at the end of every season (I'm currently in 2037) in case I want to go back and look at anything (but I rarely do that since I have a very comprehensive spreadsheet with everything I want in it).
I also keep 2 rolling backup files that I rewrite every 3 or 4 games during the season. That way if something happens, I won't lose more than 3 or 4 games if I have to revert back to a previous save.

You don't need a separate storage device to do this either (although I keep all of my end of season saves on the cloud and my main and backups on my HDD). Just go to "dynasty setup" -> "Save Dynasty" -> and then name your backup file whatever you want.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

You need to reinstall the setup of this file.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »