Home

NCAA 2005 Info Confirmed!!!

This is a discussion on NCAA 2005 Info Confirmed!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2004, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NCAA 2005 Info Confirmed!!!

I was reading Kirk Herbstreit's Chat today on ESPN and someone asked him about NCAA 2005. Here's what he said

Eric (Portland, OR): I just thought you might like to hear that when you criticize a friend of mine during EA's NCAA Football 2004, he has a habit of yelling at the TV, "How's your pro career working out Kirk?!?!?!"

Kirk Herbstreit: (2:52 PM ET ) It's funny you should write in .. we just got done doing our last day's worth of voice over work in Orlando yesterday. The game looks even better this year. They are actually going to give teams home field advantage and they are going to decide who gets the best home field advantage by how they grade the stadiums. A team like Florida or Oregon would have unbelievable home field advantage. Should be a cool feature. They also added 'big hits' where if you hit a certain button, it can engage the defender into a big hit on a crossing receiver or running back. Should be very cool.

So it is true that we're having home field advantage, but the thing I didn't know was that stadiums like Florida and Oregon would have more home field, which is something I've always always hoped for!!! Best $50 I'll always pay for the best game series in the world. Now if they could put these things in, I would be ecstatic.

1. Increase the roster size to 65 or higher
2. Ticket prices
3. No playmaker control, no Madden stuff.
4. Better SI stuff
5. Position coaches
6. Recruiting coordinator
7. Ratings changing in the middle of the season based on if they're happy or not. (Tecmo Super Bowl back in the day used to do this and it was pretty effective.)

I can't wait for this game!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA 2005 Info Confirmed!!!

Quote:

MFLCommish said:
They also added 'big hits' where if you hit a certain button, it can engage the defender into a big hit on a crossing receiver or running back. Should be very cool.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:28 PM   #3
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

I remember reading something with Herbstreit before talking about the home field advantage, but this is the first I remember hearing about the big hit. Sounds good.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

We don't need ticket prices lol. I would like them to add on to the SI covers, maybe pre-season,post season all conference teams, POSITION CHANGES, spring practice(like madden's training) have certian players do drills or even have practices, and a spring game, can we finally have ATH's
Old 04-15-2004, 04:26 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Sounds good to me...cant wait to see what they have instore for us this yr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2004, 04:28 PM   #6
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

I would like to see a little of the Madden Playmaker. Especially how easy it is to change the direction of the play at the line of scrimmage. If that's the only Playmaker control they add, I would be happy...
Old 04-15-2004, 04:36 PM   #7
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

LetsGoBucs said:
I would like to see a little of the Madden Playmaker. Especially how easy it is to change the direction of the play at the line of scrimmage. If that's the only Playmaker control they add, I would be happy...

That would be fine - anything else would not be an improvement.

I also don't like the idea about ticket prices. Tickets prices in college are pretty static.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:46 PM   #8
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

I can't wait for this game,but they need to add year round recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »