Home

One thing EA *MUST* fix for online play in 2005

This is a discussion on One thing EA *MUST* fix for online play in 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2004, 04:53 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
One thing EA *MUST* fix for online play in 2005

Everyone I play runs constant hurry up. CMON!! fix that so it has some sort of more of a an effect!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2004, 09:37 AM   #2
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: One thing EA *MUST* fix for online play in 2005

Why? I do that when I play the CPU. That is how I like to run my offense. If you are talking about a fatigue factor when playing online, then I can understand that. But it kinda sounded like you are just saying to do away with Hurry-Up altogether.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

i dont run hurry up... but what do u dislike about it?
Old 04-16-2004, 04:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:

elicoleman said:
Why? I do that when I play the CPU. That is how I like to run my offense. If you are talking about a fatigue factor when playing online, then I can understand that. But it kinda sounded like you are just saying to do away with Hurry-Up altogether.

Nah, hurry up is fine to run. In fact it's got its place. But so do Hail Marys yet they are not realistic if you run them every single play the entire game. Its not the hurry up, it's the abuse of it. If you're behind run it every play, fine, I have no issue with that. Or if you just like to run hurry up like 70% of the time I have no issue with that either.

However the idiot cheesers online start from play 1 running hurry up and run it the entire game. On defense that means if I call 4-4 to start out with I can't defend passing sets near as good, so I'm at a disadvantage unless I want to call timeout.

And the play selection for audibles is not like real life. In real life if someone runs hurry up you can still call alot of different plays on the fly, in NCAA 2004 you got 4 or whatever plays and that's it. It's just entirely unfair not to mention UNREALISTIC (how many college teams run hurry up offense 100% of the game, none that i know of) for people to do it.

I'm not saying do away with it, not at all, they just need fatigue to take more of a factor. Right now it seems they have SHORT TERM fatigue built in, you can push your guys hard for 3 quarters, give em a few plays off and they are 100% again. They basically need to add LONG TERM fatigue in, meaning that run em hard for 3 quarters they are not going to be 100% even if they rest for 5 straight plays. Until they get the fatigue right running hurry up 100% of the time is just lame and unfair to the defense.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:49 AM   #5
Rookie

ghostrider76's Arena

OVR: 4

One thing that should be easy enough to fix in regards to hurry up is to prevent it from being ran when the clock is stopped. NO WAY should you be allowed to run hurry up after an incomplete pass. Prevent that and you take away the cheese factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2004, 06:29 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:

ghostrider76 said:
One thing that should be easy enough to fix in regards to hurry up is to prevent it from being ran when the clock is stopped. NO WAY should you be allowed to run hurry up after an incomplete pass. Prevent that and you take away the cheese factor.

Yes that is a good point. Another thing is when you view someones online record it should show % of hurry up that you run. So if you see someone with like 95% hurry up you would know that's how they play and simply not play them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »