Home

New 2005 media: three movies and eleven pictures:

This is a discussion on New 2005 media: three movies and eleven pictures: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2004, 03:39 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 14
Re: New 2005 media: three movies and eleven pictures:

Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:
Did you see that sweet tackle that Donnay Young (Auburn Safety) put on Devery Henderson (LSU WR #9)??!!!!!

Nope. I try to bypass as much Auburn propoganda as I can.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:54 PM   #34
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

CheckMate said:
Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:
Did you see that sweet tackle that Donnay Young (Auburn Safety) put on Devery Henderson (LSU WR #9)??!!!!!

Old 04-20-2004, 04:49 PM   #35
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

CheckMate said:
Quote:

AuburnAlumni said:

Ditto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2004, 06:15 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

There is a distinctive difference between 'memory' and 'storage'. I'm sure that they don't have a problem with 'storage'. They could probably put 10x as many rosters and team entrances and uniforms...etc. on the game disk. the problem is that the system has limited memory. When you are playing a game, the things that have to happen quickly are loaded into memory(which is much, much, much faster than reading things from storage). This is why your xbox disk light comes on when you change levels in halo...its loading the next level. When you are playing a game of NCAA all the tackling animations are loaded into memory so that they can be played very quickly. There is limited memory and therefore they can't load 10x as many animations that would be needed for gang tackling.

Gang tackling will become realistic when physics rendering engines become more advanced. When this happens the animations can be calculated on the fly and they won't have to be pre-motion captured. it will take faster processors though.

I'm not sure I'm making much sense.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #37
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

huskermatt said:
Last year...one of the producers...said from a memory standpoint it was too costly to implement. He said something to the effect that the memory could be used better in other ways.

Like what, mascot games? Maybe if EA took that nonsense out they could do other things that are more important.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:45 PM   #38
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

BTG said:
Quote:

huskermatt said:
Last year...one of the producers...said from a memory standpoint it was too costly to implement. He said something to the effect that the memory could be used better in other ways.

Like what, mascot games? Maybe if EA took that nonsense out they could do other things that are more important.

Or less stuff as the mascot games are already there.. it would take more effort to remove it than leave it as it.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:12 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow those vids look great, I love the screen shaking that is going to add soo much realism and intensity in the end of the game, and when the wide recivers are confused thats great, but I hope there are more specific entrances just besides Notre Dame`s
Old 04-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #40
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm still playing 2004...I better trade it in for credit before this bad boy comes out and it goes down to 5 bucks !

Looks sweet though. I'm from the days of Tecmo Bowl though so I'm easily impressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »