Home

Is the "Coachstradamus" skill cheating?

This is a discussion on Is the "Coachstradamus" skill cheating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2014, 03:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is the "Coachstradamus" skill cheating?

I can't say it isn't a cool feature, but it feels like cheating and I'm thinking about deactivating it next season and using the skill levels on something else like recruiting. I've only had it be wrong once out of hundreds of plays it seems. And I'm speaking more so of skills 2 & 3 that basically tell you exactly what play to "watchout" for. I exclude level one of coachstradamus because knowing what play they ran last isn't much in the way of cheating. I've basically looked at it like its a bonus for my created coach playing and winning games. Therefore, "learning" what the opponents will do next. But I think I will depend on my real life version of that instead and add more challenge back to the game now that I dominate the cpu on both offense and defensive Heisman difficulty settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2014, 06:23 AM   #2
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Is the "Coachstradamus" skill cheating?

Real coaches watch film and have an idea of what's going to be run. Also, the thing says, Watch for the pass." That doesn't tell you the routes or anything. The only time it really gives a play away is when there's a draw. I don't consider it cheating but that's just me.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
Real coaches watch film and have an idea of what's going to be run. Also, the thing says, Watch for the pass." That doesn't tell you the routes or anything. The only time it really gives a play away is when there's a draw. I don't consider it cheating but that's just me.
when it says the run its too easy to stop it but if it says pass its still hard cause u dont know what routes but at least u can be ready for pass
Old 11-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I don't use it just to give myself more of a challenge. It doesn't help too much on pass plays but for run plays and "HB screen" plays it's too easy to blow up
Old 11-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I personally consider it cheating and would never use it, It takes away from using your own skills imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

What are you guys talking about? Where is this feature accessed?
Old 11-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
What are you guys talking about? Where is this feature accessed?
It's a coach skill you can earn in dynasty mode in the latter part of the skills ladder.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Once I've gotten that far up in the skill level I've instantly regretted having bought this upgrade. If you've been playing this game long enough to get that skill on your own (and not just as a coordinator under a good HC) you should actually have developed your own sense of what they are going to do. Most of my offense is predicated on being able to read the defense pre-snap and exploiting man and press coverages as well as blitzes. Just like in real life there are tell-tall signs and you can audible or hot route at the line to exploit these things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »