Home

Tell me... Why is there no PC version?

This is a discussion on Tell me... Why is there no PC version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2004, 05:55 PM   #9
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Tell me... Why is there no PC version?

Quote:

ochoco said:
Maybe we can circulate some kind of petition and get people to sign it then send it to them. Ya never know...

you really don't, an online website/petition got Family Guy put onto DVD, and sales of that got it signed to return to TV with new episodes. Companies do listen to customers, if there was a big enough rumbling online for it then I'm sure they would give us NCAA 06 on PC. Of course, if that didn't sell, we'd be out of luck for another 7 years.....
Old 04-27-2004, 06:12 PM   #10
MVP

SC3BBall's Arena

OVR: 10

You would need a lot of people. You could not just get a couple hundred from OS. They have probably done a study of what they would make money wise.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:42 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

despite the fact that we love ncaa so much, it still pails in its yearly sales to madden. The PC version of madden has a very small marketshare of the total sales including the consoles (I forgot the exact percentage but it was small). Put these two reasons together with the fact that NCAA didn't sell when it was on the PC and that's why its not there now. Eventually we'll see it on the PC again, could be 1 year could be 10 or more. Hope I helped answer the question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2004, 09:50 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

I honestly don't think it makes much financial sense for EA to put the game out for the PC at this point. They would have to pay the development costs for the PC, deal with all the bugs associated with coding a computer game for the tons of different types of systems, and also pay to have seperate online servers for the PC game.

Would they sell some copies to people who only have a PC? Sure. But I would wager the high majority of their *main* target audience probably owns at least one console. Also, ever heard of anyone buying multiple copies of a PC game? I haven't, but I have heard tons of people say they bought both the PS2 and Xbox version of the game. With the PC you also always have to deal with the issue of piracy as well, which isn't as prevalent with console games.

I just don't think it would be fiscally wise to develop the game for the PC. Hey, I feel sorry for those who can't play the game, it really does suck.

Maybe someone could try to compare sales of Madden PC games versus consoles? The thing you have to remember about that though is that Madden has been around forever, and like it or not, you are more likely to have a ton more casual NFL fans than you will casual college football fans. The trend I have noticed with college football is either you love it or you could leave it.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:32 PM   #13
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

VThokie22 said:
despite the fact that we love ncaa so much, it still pails in its yearly sales to madden. The PC version of madden has a very small marketshare of the total sales including the consoles (I forgot the exact percentage but it was small). Put these two reasons together with the fact that NCAA didn't sell when it was on the PC and that's why its not there now. Eventually we'll see it on the PC again, could be 1 year could be 10 or more. Hope I helped answer the question.

I know I saw someone post the Madden '04 sales awhile back, what did NCAA's sales look like this year? if you can post them alongside Madden's info, that would be even better.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:34 PM   #14
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

I'd 'bout near cream my pants.....hahahah....not really.....if they came out with a PC version....

I'm headed towards my major (Graphic Communication Arts) and will be aquiring a Web Authoring certificate as well as a bachelors in Business Management (or maybe just an associates). I'm already into creating websites based on my franchises and creating graphic images that if NCAA came out on PC, I'd instantly purchase a 160GB hard drive (to replace my 40GB) and begin the process....

I missed out on the '99 PC version (since I never had a computer to play games with at that time)...and I loved the PS2 version of NCAA 2004 but I don't even have the PS2 anymore nor do I have the game anymore since a friend has it.

I'd gladly sign the petition if we made one.....I'm sure every user on www.football-freaks.com would sign the petition too since we are mostly all PC users because most of us created a website based on btmlltt's PHP/MySQL coding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »