Home

TEXAS A GREAT VIDEO GAME TEAM?

This is a discussion on TEXAS A GREAT VIDEO GAME TEAM? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2004, 08:33 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: TEXAS A GREAT VIDEO GAME TEAM?

Texas is really good in NCAA - I hate facing them - usually in the national championship. I had to come back from 17 down to beat them in the third year of my dynasty.

Texas is also really good in Sega's NCAA BB. I had to play against them as a #15 seed after my first season as a small college in Pittsburgh and they ran me out of the gym.

They are really good in video games right now....
Old 05-03-2004, 09:14 AM   #18
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

I think their players are a little over rated. All of the NFL scouts came away very underwhelmed from The Texas predraft workout. The only one that showed anything was Roy Williams. I am also not a fan of their coaching. Seems like a good place for Steve Spurrier to come back to.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:31 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 14

Quote:

When I played out the coming season, the two teams that reached the Sugar Bowl were Ohio State and … Texas. In the three years I’ve played this game, Texas has reached the national championship every time. Why? Because let’s face it, the Longhorns are the perfect video-game team. Coaching and intangibles aren’t taken into account, just raw talent.

--Stewart Mandel, SI.com
Old 05-03-2004, 11:31 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

BevoXIII said:
Texas is 32 - 7 over the last three seasons. Only Miami has a better record over that span.

Uh, Bevo, OU's 35 - 6 over the last 3 years...

And 4 years ago, OU won a title. Miami 3 years ago won a title and the next year, competed for another.

Texas?

im going out on quite a limb here - but Texas WILL win the big 12 next year. I dont know about the national championship but im SURE about the big 12 championship (and if you win the big 12 championship, you could very well be in contention for the NC game) Texas will be in the NC game within 2 years.

stranger things HAVE happened

IMO, the reason why Texas has underachieved the last few years is because of the "distractions" in Austin. combine the "distractions" with a white collar, CEO type of approach by the coaches and the team lacks an edge. However, i believe that is changing now The Horns WILL have a chip on their shoulder this season
Old 05-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 14

I thought not winning the Big 12 was the best way to get into the National Championship game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 11:39 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

CheckMate said:
I thought not winning the Big 12 was the best way to get into the National Championship game...

actually, you have a point
Old 05-03-2004, 11:48 AM   #23
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

texdirtbag said:
im going out on quite a limb here - but Texas WILL win the big 12 next year. I dont know about the national championship but im SURE about the big 12 championship

I'm guessing you must be hoping for OU to lose 2 Big 12 games like in 2002, because Texas will not beat OU this year. Your best shot is going to be next season...
Old 05-03-2004, 02:19 PM   #24
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

OU must first get a win without Mike Stoops. Then we can hope!!! Much Like Mack Brown must beat OU without Major!

Horn/Sooner

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »