Home

Ast. Coaches. Hire / Fire?

This is a discussion on Ast. Coaches. Hire / Fire? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2004, 03:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Ast. Coaches. Hire / Fire?

How cool would it be if you could hire your own Off and Def coaches? I find the game too easy even with hard settings as I tend to call the same 5 or 6 plays that I know will get me some yards. Lately when I play, I ask Corso for the play and use that. It makes it much more realistic. I would love it if you could hire Off and Def coaches and have them call the plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ast. Coaches. Hire / Fire?

That would be sweet IMO. I too use the "ask corso" feature. Only problem is it seems a bit too random (no real game plan from corso). But it sucks doing that cause I KNOW I have a few plays in my bag that are gimmes.

Anyway, I can just see it now. I'll be purdue and I'll get the play. Singleback something counter....good for 5 yards. Flip it and go again. Good for 3 yards. don't flip it run it again. good for a 7 yard loss. ????????? Fans start throwing trash. It would be just like a real Purdue game with our Offensive coordinator of questionable play calling ability calling the same play 3 times in a row.
Old 05-02-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I ran a whole season with Lee Corso as my coach. I asked for his play everytime and ran it. I understand now why he is in broadcasting...
Old 05-02-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

but yeah, I've always wanted NCAA to include assistant coaches. I would like you to have to hire a coach and use their playbook. And then if that coach gets fired or moves on, you have to get a new coach with a new playbook. That way it would always keep me from using the same plays out of the same playbooks every game.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
MVP

SC3BBall's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, they really need assistant coaches. It would just offer a new aspect to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2004, 02:04 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

That would be pretty cool. I would actually like to see this. You start off as ether the offensive or defensive cord and say your def is in the top 10 for two seasons another school would then offer you a head coaching contract or you could stay where your at and continue as a cord. You would still play he game the same, you wouldnt just call off or def plays, but your team off and team def rankings would determine the type of job offer you got depending on how well the off or def did, whichever your cord of. LOl did that make sence?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »