Home

YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

This is a discussion on YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #9
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

Good work Rob. It at least gives me a glimmer of hope to know it can be done. I haven't really come close myself, although the CPU has come very close several times to getting a punt, but no blocks in my '14 dynasty yet.

Was the player you were controlling a safety? Good form on the dive btw, that was a cool animation.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 11-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

I play Coach Mode exclusively, so I can't comment about controlling a player to block punts or kicks. However, over the years of playing NCAA, I have only seen one or two blocked punts or kicks, either by my team or the CPU team.

However, by lowering the Kick Power and Kick Accuracy ratings to between 40 and 50, I have introduced an element of uncertainty into FGs and PATs (a missed FG or PAT is essentially equivalent to a block). I have not had any luck with finding an alternative to blocked punts.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I play Coach Mode exclusively, so I can't comment about controlling a player to block punts or kicks. However, over the years of playing NCAA, I have only seen one or two blocked punts or kicks, either by my team or the CPU team.

However, by lowering the Kick Power and Kick Accuracy ratings to between 40 and 50, I have introduced an element of uncertainty into FGs and PATs (a missed FG or PAT is essentially equivalent to a block). I have not had any luck with finding an alternative to blocked punts.
The feeling of having your opponent miss a field goal and you actually blocking a field goal are INCOMPARABLE. Besides, the cpu will never miss an extra point without you blocking it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bec
the cpu will never miss an extra point without you blocking it.
...with default sliders and ratings, yes. But with edits the CPU can miss XPs (the problem is that with the sliders set so they can miss XPs, they miss entirely too many FGs too).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Still rolling/completing a '13 dynasty (alternating w/ '14) and one of my CPU(!) controlled players blocked an extra point attempt!!!
Like w/ OP I'm controlling the 'back' player trying to time a rush b/t the 2 guys w/ hands on the ground at right side, but somehow, some way my left-most guy races in untouched for the block. I was so shocked, nearly dropped my controller and allowed a couple of my players to run past ball on the ground before other team finally fell on it.
Blocker was one of my better -- and faster -- CBs. Can't recall if he'd maybe been "hot" from something w/in the game or what. Wondering if that might've had something to do with it. Also can't recall my scouting of opponent from before game so can't offer OVR of kicker (I used to put OVRs and certain characteristics ##s on a small white board before ea. game for quick reference at a glance during games.)
Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #14
Rookie

Talking Re: YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Good work Rob. It at least gives me a glimmer of hope to know it can be done.
Man. That's fuggin awsome to hear someone say that because that was one of the biggest reasons I did it (only falling second to showing myself it chould be done!!!). Even though plenty of people highly doubted it was possible, I just kept getting to close to doing it for me to believe I wouldnt finally breakthrough for the block sooner or later. And I figured showing a how-to video of how I did it could possibly change the whole NCAA 14 playing community's mental approach by going for blocks, knowing now that its actually possible, instead of just letting fg attempts be a gimmie. If you perfect the technique you can be a threat every time!

Quote:
Was the player you were controlling a safety?
No. He was a linebacker with 95 speed rating.

Quote:
Good form on the dive btw, that was a cool animation.
Ha! Thanx! Yeah I gotta admitt myself that block was pretty dope. It takes watching video number two to see the true beauty of it, as its in broadcast replay mode instead of the original iser controlled replay from video number one.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #15
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

I've never made the jump to NCAA 14, but I've had plenty of success blocking field goals on NCAA 12 and 13. I control the CB on the end of the line (right or left is your call) and time/guess on the snap.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #16
Rookie

astone1996's Arena

I blocked a extra point for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was so suprising after trying and trying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »