Home

YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

This is a discussion on YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 05:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon10 YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

I finally did it. This is for the doubters and those who hoped and prayed it were possible. Here's the video of me blocking a field goal against the cpu (on offense and defense on Heisman difficulty):
Part 1: http://youtu.be/MOrL54w6LBk
Part 2: http://youtu.be/zBUUvIiKF7s

I tried and tried and tried. And finally on this glorious day, after at least a couple hundred attempts, I have successfully block a field goal!!!! I am more than excited to debunk the myth that it couldnt be done!!!! I was way happier about this than an adult should be. LOL

I'm both glad that its possible and that its hard to do. I'm glad its hard to do because it shouldn't happen frequently and it makes it that much more exciting once you do it!

This was done with a created player with a speed of 95 to block an extra point.

*Spoiler Alert*
If you want to know the commentary when it happend, they where like "its blocked. And the Tigers recover the football." And when they where about to kick the ball off after the blocked extra point he said, "so they'll have to settle for 6 after the extra point was blocked!"

Respond away!!!!! I can hardly wait for the coversation to be had about this!!!!

Last edited by Rob Bec; 11-18-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Re: YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

Your method is little different from other that I posted linked from your old topic. This is almost same method that I used fast player to block punt on right side instead of left. Again, I suspect either way will work. I will give it a try whenever I play NCAA Football 14 again.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

nice! good stuff bro
Old 11-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bec
I'm both glad that its possible and that its hard to do. I'm glad its hard to do because it shouldn't happen frequently and it makes it that much more exciting once you do it!
Congrats! Seriously, that's awesome that you were able to pull it off. I can definitely relate to the "happier than any adult should be" feeling.

Regarding the difficulty, I agree that it should be fairly tough to do and shouldn't happen all that often. But consider that so far this season, there have been a total of 177 blocked kicks. On average, that's almost 1.4 per team. With a couple weeks to go, it's looking like we'll end up around 200/1.6 by the time the season is done. I agree that it shouldn't be too easy to do manually (I'd kinda prefer a random event to prevent spamming) or happen all the time but I would like to see it happen during 1-2 of my games every season, on average.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Icon14 Re: YES!!!!! I FINALLY BLOCKED A FIELD GOAL on NCAA 14!!!! Video link included!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Congrats! Seriously, that's awesome that you were able to pull it off. I can definitely relate to the "happier than any adult should be" feeling.

Regarding the difficulty, I agree that it should be fairly tough to do and shouldn't happen all that often. But consider that so far this season, there have been a total of 177 blocked kicks. On average, that's almost 1.4 per team. With a couple weeks to go, it's looking like we'll end up around 200/1.6 by the time the season is done. I agree that it shouldn't be too easy to do manually (I'd kinda prefer a random event to prevent spamming) or happen all the time but I would like to see it happen during 1-2 of my games every season, on average.
Thanx for the congrats! I'm almost sure I'll block 2-4 field goals per season now. I say that because I basically know how to do it now and I get close often enough that I should be successfull maybe 5% of the time. My video is almost a "how to" as much as it is a gloating video and I'll give more precise step-by-step instructions on how to make a block when I polish the technique a tiny bit more. I'm getting better at it as I try to perfect the timing and and the pre-snap positioning of the persuing blocker. My next goal is to block a punt. I'm getting very close to doing so and I'll post a video of it also when I finally pull it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
Banned

FlyghtTime's Arena

Congratulations but I could've told you it can happen. I've blocked XP's in one game and 3 in a season before.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyghtTime
Congratulations but I could've told you it can happen. I've blocked XP's in one game and 3 in a season before.
Well I must say, you'd the only one I've seen around here making that claim. After a few weeks of discussion and over the course of about 6 pages of responses
( http://www.operationsports.com/forum...goal-game.html ), most claimed it was impossible. Just curious, how long ago was it when you did this? So many claimed it couldn't be done because of some patches were added to the game.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #8
Banned

FlyghtTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bec
Well I must say, you'd the only one I've seen around here making that claim. After a few weeks of discussion and over the course of about 6 pages of responses
( http://www.operationsports.com/forum...goal-game.html ), most claimed it was impossible. Just curious, how long ago was it when you did this? So many claimed it couldn't be done because of some patches were added to the game.
Like actually a week or two ago. I did it with Tennessee vs. I wanna say Minnesota but that seems unlikely cause I don't remember playing them. But yeah I learned how to block them on Madden from ZFarls and SGibs and with whoever I was playing against their Kicker kicked it at the perfect time with my timing every PAT. The one I didn't block I hit the kicker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »