Home

Coach Mode Is Great

This is a discussion on Coach Mode Is Great within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2004, 01:36 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Coach Mode Is Great

Brodie Croyle sure throws alot of I-N-T's. He's got 11 so far after 3 games and 2 TD's. We're trailing Kentucky 21-17 with 5:05 to play in the game. I sure hope we don't lose our first conference game.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

What makes Coach mode even better is switching the camera to the "sideline" cam.

Give it a try...
Old 05-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

jackchaney2005 said:
What makes Coach mode even better is switching the camera to the "sideline" cam.

Give it a try...

Speaking of coach mode cameras - has anyone ever just watched a CPU vs. CPU game? It has a tv broadcast kind of look to it, it would be great to see that kind of camera implemented in '05 for coach mode.

Kind of like you could get in ESPN Football by starting the game as CPU vs. CPU then changing the controller back after the kickoff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2004, 01:29 PM   #12
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

Coahc mode is run and realistic since in real like a coach actually play the downs, except soemtimes you have to get osmething done your own way to get it donme right.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:18 PM   #13
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

They need to implement coach mode right though...

Madden on the PC has a true coach mode. You call the plays and the CPU runs them for you. For the consoles, having the option of actually taking over a play when it becomes screwed up ruins the whole feel of actually coaching the game. Madden PC causes you to really depend on how good your players really are and how good you are at gameplanning. The only unrealistic part in coach mode PC Madden is that you still get to snap the ball. Of course, even if EA put it where your QB would snap the ball on his own, they'd probably forget to program the random act of "Delay of Game" just as they do for the CPU QB anyways.

Oh how I wish NCAA Football would have a PC version. I sure hope to hell that one day EA listens to us PC gamers.

Looks like I'm going to have to find a way to get me an XBox so I can pick up NCAA 2005 and play as Xavier Lee for the Noles.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:46 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:

FSU_Animal said:
They need to implement coach mode right though...

For the consoles, having the option of actually taking over a play when it becomes screwed up ruins the whole feel of actually coaching the game.

It could if you don't have the balls to let the CPU do it's thing. Me, I don't touch the controller after I snap the ball. You see in a previous post that Croyle had 11 interceptions after 3 games. After 5 games he has like 5 TDs and 14 interceptions. It's most likely due to his 70-AWR rating.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:02 PM   #15
D*tr**t F*nb*y

lionsfan49's Arena

OVR: 9

Yep, I really like coach mode too. I just do it as a change of pace, but it makes the game much more authentic in many ways since now CPU AI really makes a difference on your team. Especially with incoming freshmen. Your team is not dominated by speed only and lower ratings in other areas. The total player is needed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2004, 09:33 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:

lionsfan49 said:
Yep, I really like coach mode too. I just do it as a change of pace, but it makes the game much more authentic in many ways since now CPU AI really makes a difference on your team. Especially with incoming freshmen. Your team is not dominated by speed only and lower ratings in other areas. The total player is needed!

Exactly! That's why I started doing this exclusively. I will most definitely be doing the same thing when 2005 is released.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »